Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Is there any APIs available for update the existing profile attributes in AEP

Level 2

Hi there,

can we update profile data by using APIs in AEP?
if yes, can you please provide related docs?

for example, I have a profile and want to update an attribute's value of the profile.

"profile": {
                "person": {
                    "name": {
                        "courtesyTitle": "Mr.",
                        "firstName": "Vivek",
                       }
                 }
}

I assume that it should be done by merge policy but it seems it's not working somehow.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee
8 Replies

Community Advisor

@vivek777 API-triggered campaigns shouldn't be used to update the attributes of the profile. Except for the namespace (ex. email) other attributes (ex. firstName) are all allowed to be used for contextual personalization in a message. Here is the note from the documentation,

Unlike profile-enabled events, the contextual data passed in the REST API is used for one-off communication and not stored against profile. At maximum, profile is created with the namespace details, if it was found missing.

Thanks, Sathees

Level 2

Hi,

I have created a journey and triggered this when a user qualifies for a segment, 1st time it's working fine like getting a mail but when a user enters again in this segment it's not working.

How does audience qualification work and how can I update the profile attribute for the same profile?

vivek777_0-1710313289835.png

Community Advisor

@vivek777 When you use audience qualification activity you will have to consider a few things mentioned here,

SatheeskannaK_0-1710339354324.png

It is likely that you are utilizing batch processing, which will require approximately 24 hours for evaluation. If you have adhered to all the instructions provided in the preceding important notes section and are still encountering issues, provide information regarding the audience criteria and the update activity being utilized.

Thanks, Sathees

Level 2

Hi,

I am using stream processing for the segmentation.

Employee

Check if allow re entrance is unchecked. If that's the case, profiles on qualifying into the segment, the second time, will not enter the journey.

Also, check the type of segmentation - if its streaming or batch.

Employee

Update is not feasible but a new profile will be created if the "Create new profiles" option is selected.

In essence, among the millions of transactional messages intended for known recipients, there may arise a need to send some to unknown individuals. For example, if a user attempts to reset their password without having previously created a profile with your platform. In such cases, this capability proves invaluable.

Opting for profile creation prompts AJO to generate the profile

Unknown profiles are created in the AJO Interactive Messaging Profile Dataset dataset, in three default namespace (email, phone and ECID) respectively for each outbound channels (Email, SMS and Push).

Level 2

Hi @SatheeskannaK and @dugganab 

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
I have updated the question please refer and let me know if you guys have any references or docs related to the same.

Correct answer by
Employee