Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the Community Q&A Coffee Break on May 2nd at 8 am PT with Adobe Journey Optimizer experts Robert Calangiu, Brent Kostak & Sandra Hausmann.
SOLVED

How to attach a file in an email?

Level 1

Is it possible to attach a file in an email in Adobe Journey Optimizer?, I need to activate a campaign by API and send an attachment in the email of that campaign. Is there a way to do it?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Brayan_Garcia,

I don't think you can attach a file in Adobe Journey Optimizer messages. These guardrails are mentioned in the documentation.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/journey-optimizer/using/get-started/guardrails.html?lang=en#....

Thanks, Sathees

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Brayan_Garcia,

I don't think you can attach a file in Adobe Journey Optimizer messages. These guardrails are mentioned in the documentation.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/journey-optimizer/using/get-started/guardrails.html?lang=en#....

Thanks, Sathees

Community Advisor

Hi @Brayan_Garcia ,

Adding attachment in AJO is not supported at the moment. You can add place the attachment at a central repository and add it as a link in the email in AJO.

Thanks,

Jyoti

Employee Advisor

@Brayan_Garcia - it would be interesting to understand your use case for this. What type of document are you looking to attach? Are you looking for AJO to generate a document and attach, or pick up a file from a remote file-store and attach? Is the document specific to the individual profile, or could this be the same file that is attached for all? Does the file contain PII and need to be encrypted? What about a secure link to the file? While this is not a feature that will be supported in the immediate future, it would be great to have more details on your use case. 

Level 1

@Ivan_Mironchuk 

The use case is to create a campaign to be activated by API, this campaign will be the sending of a transactional email, for which I could already solve this part. In that mailing it is required to attach a .pdf file that will be the same for everyone.

Employee Advisor

Thanks @Brayan_Garcia that is helpful context. Would it be possible for the time being to include a link in the email to the PDF file in a public URL?