Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the Community Q&A Coffee Break on May 2nd at 8 am PT with Adobe Journey Optimizer experts Robert Calangiu, Brent Kostak & Sandra Hausmann.
SOLVED

How can I use data source response in Email body.

Level 2

Hey there,

I hope this message finds you well. I recently configured a new data source in AJO, and I've successfully used it in conditions as part of the journey. However, I'm facing a challenge in integrating the data source response into the email body.

Could someone kindly guide me on the steps or provide any documentation that explains this process?

Your support is highly appreciated.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@Deepak_Kv the documentation link from @SatheeskannaK should help. 

Couple things to understand:

1) You should configure the data source as a custom action rather than a data source. The custom action response can be used for personalization. 

2) The custom action response payload can be leveraged in email or other AJO channels by going to personalization and navigating to contextual attributes and then selecting the action. 

3) You may need to first map the dynamic variable to complete the query before you can leverage the response in personalization. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@Deepak_Kv the documentation link from @SatheeskannaK should help. 

Couple things to understand:

1) You should configure the data source as a custom action rather than a data source. The custom action response can be used for personalization. 

2) The custom action response payload can be leveraged in email or other AJO channels by going to personalization and navigating to contextual attributes and then selecting the action. 

3) You may need to first map the dynamic variable to complete the query before you can leverage the response in personalization.