Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the Adobe Journey Optimizer Community Q&A Coffee Break on 4th September at 8 am PT with Journey Optimizer experts Aaron Forest, Justin Grover, Keara Fausett and Sandra Hausmann.

HELP! AJO Email - Loading an ICS File

Level 3

All, 

I 

How do I load an .ics file into AJO or Experience Manager Assets so I can get the link for it. Based on the documentation is a previous post,  they say load to my ESP (AJO) and get the link. I've tried a few methods and the closest I get is a shared link that doesn't work. 

If AJO has the capability to load .ics files, can someone let me know how. 

montezh2001_0-1723499335972.png

6 Replies

Community Advisor

@montezh2001 Have a look at this thread and see if that helps.

Thanks, Sathees

Level 1

@SatheeskannaK thank you for your response. Your post is what I have linked in my question, also where the screenshot I supplied. The post speaks to Litmus and not Adobe. 

I tried loading the .ics files into AEM Asset Manager to get the link I need for HTML coding, but it does not seem to work. Asset Manager is not recognizing it; I can't even load it into an email when using Email Designer. 

I just need to know how I can load this into AJO or AEM Asset Manager so that I can get the https link as described in the post. 

Community Advisor

@MontexHo Copy the HTML code given in the litmus site and setup an HTML fragment in AJO to create the ICS file. Once you have a fragment setup, it can be included in the email templates to include it in journeys/campaigns.

Thanks, Sathees

Level 1

@SatheeskannaK - that's the issue. The process says "...get the ICS file you created in step 2 using the iCalendar Event Maker tool. Then, upload it to your company’s servers, content management system (CMS), or email provider’s media library." 

Experience Asset Manager (along with AJO) is not allowing me to load an ICS file, so I can get the link needed for me to create the Fragment. 

Here's how it looks when I load the *.ics file to assets. 

MontexHo_0-1723573160338.pngMontexHo_1-1723573177530.png

Community Advisor

@MontexHo As I mentioned earlier you can't use asset manager to include the ICS file rather specify the HTML code directly in the fragment like below and it should give the ICS link to include it in the emails.

SatheeskannaK_0-1723605121815.png

SatheeskannaK_1-1723605194163.png

Thanks, Sathees

Level 1

@SatheeskannaK - Thank you for the feedback, but that's not that same as creating and *.ics file. That's creating the links based on ESP (which is what I've done as a work around). I had to create the links for each ESP and then write HTML coding to dynamically switch to the calendar based on ESP. 

A true *.ics file is just one file that can be downloaded no matter the ESP. 

I've opened a support ticket with Adobe to question why we can create *.ics tokens in Marketo, and even load them in ACC, but this doesn't appear to be functional in my client instance. This should be a basic function since there are clients that would like to send calendar reminders of upcoming events.