Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Dont' send email twice

Level 3

Hi, is there a way via condition or any other activity to avoid contact same profile in a journey twice? I know the "Allow re-entrance" option but it does not help to my use case. I'd like to add like a condition before email checking profile have not been contacted by that email. Thanks.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Event data can be accessed only if the journey starts with a unitary event.

dugganab_0-1707243964873.png

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Community Advisor

@Silvio6, You can use the message feedback event dataset to retrieve the sent status and the messageExecutionID to identify profiles that received the message within the condition activity and branch them accordingly.

Path: 

_experience.customerJourneyManagement.messageDeliveryfeedback.feedbackStatus
_experience.customerJourneyManagement.messageExecution.messageExecutionID

Thanks, Sathees

Level 3

Hi! ok, but in condition activity here's how can I add it

#{ExperiencePlatform.ProfileFieldGroup.profile.timeSeriesEvents.at(0)._experience.customerJourneyManagement.messageExecution.journeyActionID} == '1768d842-352a-467c-abc9-062af61fe6bd'

But that is nos working. I think I-m missing something in (at(0)) part...

Community Advisor

@Silvio6, You can use simple mode to define this condition like example below,

SatheeskannaK_0-1707176924356.png

Advanced mode will translate like this,

(in(#{ExperiencePlatform.ProfileFieldGroup.profile.timeSeriesEvents._experience.customerJourneyManagement.messageDeliveryfeedback.feedbackStatus}, ["sent"])) and (equalIgnoreCase(#{ExperiencePlatform.ProfileFieldGroup.profile.timeSeriesEvents._experience.customerJourneyManagement.messageExecution.messageExecutionID}, "1234"))

Thanks, Sathees

Level 3

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Cannot access via Simple mode

Silvio6_0-1707177731435.png

and when I paste the code to advanced editor, this:

Silvio6_1-1707177953997.png

I added message tracking fields to ExperiencePlatform data soruce

Silvio6_0-1707178027078.png

Community Advisor

@Silvio6 You can still drag and drop the execution status from the below screenshot and configure the condition. Similar to that follow the same for message execution id.

SatheeskannaK_0-1707189819173.png

Thanks, Sathees

Level 3

Ok I got it. But after drag and drop I have this error

Silvio6_0-1707233559654.png

I think it's not possible access event data via Condition even if Dataset is activated for profile...

Employee

Accessing events via yyy.profile.timeSeriesEvents.zzz will not work.

You can create a batch segment leveraging the attributes (feedbackstatus, eventtype, timestamp, journeyversionid) of message feedback event dataset and then exclude this segment in the condition node using inSegment() function

Level 3

ok you mean we can not access event data via condition even if the event dataset is enabled for profile?

Correct answer by
Employee

Event data can be accessed only if the journey starts with a unitary event.

dugganab_0-1707243964873.png