Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Journey Optimizer Community Lens 6th edition is out.
SOLVED

AJO Supression Condition

Level 4

Hi @dugganab @SatheeskannaK 
We have a use case 
We aim for the individual to receive the initial email, concluding their journey at that point. Subsequently, we intend to implement a condition in AJO that excludes this specific profile, preventing them from receiving any emails for a period of six months

Thanks 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello, @MYSTERIOUSMAN .

I'm addressing the same use case, and here's how I'm managing it. I introduced a conditional step in the AJO journey and incorporated the following code in the advanced editor:

count(#{ExperiencePlatform.Bookingexperienceevent.experienceevent.all(currentDataPackField.eventType == "message.feedback" and nowWithDelta(-6,"months") <= currentDataPackField.timestamp).timestamp}) >= 0

In essence, it verifies whether the profile has any "message.feedback" events in the past 6 months. Please note that this assessment includes all types of "message.feedback" events, including emails, push notifications, etc. If necessary, you can insert an additional condition specifically for emails. The "Bookingexperienceevent" represents a datasource field group in our scenario.

Thanks

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Employee

you can create a batch segment leveraging the attributes from message feedback event schema and accordingly suppress it, within the journey.

This schema / dataset contains the message delivery logs.

Level 4

i know we can create a segment but i want to try it out in AJO condition level 

Employee

You can use the segment in the condition as well (using inSegment() function) and if you are looking to directly access the message feedback event attributes in the condition in a journey that starts with a read audience, or an audience qualification or a business event activity - that's not supported.

Level 2

You can use a custom solution something like below.

1. Create 2 attributes in the profile,

• profileInitialEmailSent (Yes or No) - Soon after the email is sent out, Use a update profile action to mark email is sent. If requirement is successful delivery, you might have use data disteller OR scheduled queries to track successful delivery and add it to this profile attribute.
  • profileInitialEmailSentDate (Date) - Using update profile action, update the attribute to the date when email is sent. Use the same attribute to check if time elapsed is more than 6 months and allow/drop those profile from email action.

OR

You can write a complex query in the audience build via API and make sure email stats data is available in the profile (profile enabled) and with the requirement data range. Use this audience (inSegment function) in the journey to allow them to next email channel or not.

Level 4

For Option 1 Can you share the steps how to it

can we write a IF else condition inside AJO condition 

Community Advisor

@MYSTERIOUSMAN 

• Create two fields (profileInitialEmailSent & profileInitialEmailSentDate) on the profile schema as @ShashiCh mentioned.
  • Within the journey after the email activity add a condition activity that will look for feedbackstatus=sent and messageid=1234 (messageid - You can get it from by clicking on the email activity and click copy and paste the output on the text editor to find that)
  • After the condition activity add an update profile activity to update the field profileInitialEmailSent=yes
  • Add another update profile activity to update the field profileInitialEmailSentDate=now()
  • Additionally, see if you need wait time before you update the profileInitialEmailSent=yes as the system may retry to send the message if it's not delivered.

There is no if else function within the condition activity. You can try with OOTB functions that can be used within Journey conditions.

Thanks, Sathees

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello, @MYSTERIOUSMAN .

I'm addressing the same use case, and here's how I'm managing it. I introduced a conditional step in the AJO journey and incorporated the following code in the advanced editor:

count(#{ExperiencePlatform.Bookingexperienceevent.experienceevent.all(currentDataPackField.eventType == "message.feedback" and nowWithDelta(-6,"months") <= currentDataPackField.timestamp).timestamp}) >= 0

In essence, it verifies whether the profile has any "message.feedback" events in the past 6 months. Please note that this assessment includes all types of "message.feedback" events, including emails, push notifications, etc. If necessary, you can insert an additional condition specifically for emails. The "Bookingexperienceevent" represents a datasource field group in our scenario.

Thanks

Administrator

Hi @MYSTERIOUSMAN,

Were you able to resolve this query with the help of the given solutions or do you still need more help here? Do let us know. In case the given solutions were helpful, then kindly choose the one that helped you the most as the 'Correct Reply'.
Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa