Join us for the next Adobe Journey Optimizer Community Q&A Coffee Break!
Participating is easy:
Meet the Experts
Nikhil Sharma is an Engineering Manager, leading Messaging Channels (API Triggered Campaigns, SMS, Direct Mail, etc.) on Adobe Journey Optimizer. Previously held software engineering positions in Adobe Journey Orchestration, Adobe Campaign, AEM, Adobe Connect, Flash media Server and video products. He is passionate about building large scale customer centric products.
Chetan Prasad is a Group Product Manager at Adobe.
Siddharth Jain is a Principal Product Manager in our AJO product team leading API Triggered Campaigns along with the message delivery runtime of Adobe Journey Optimizer. He was previously PM for Adobe Target focused on optimization, experimentation, visual editing, and integrations with AEM. Siddharth has worked on multiple Adobe product such as Adobe Social, Adobe Experience Manager, Adobe LiveCycle and Acrobat . Siddharth is passionate about solving scale challenges for marketer and developer personas"
Add your API triggered messaging related questions below any time before or during the Coffee Break on Wednesday, August 30th, when you can watch the page and be ready to add follow-up questions and discuss further with other community members!
Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.
Does AJO (for campaign and journey use-cases) offer an ability to capture the snapshot of creative that would be delivered to customer (email, SMS, push notification message, web and in-app message etc).
This is typically needed for compliance/audit/archival purposes to know the artifact seen by customer.
Email has bcc feature but what about others.
Today, we store the template used in our Entity dataset at message level but we don't store creative at a per delivery level.
Thanks for joining the community today to take our queries.
Something that our Journey Optimizer customers would be interested to know is that are there any templates, examples, or starter code to easily try out API-triggered campaigns that you can share?
Yes, This document has good API Triggered Samples for different channels (email , push and SMS) and for different scenarios : https://developer.adobe.com/journey-optimizer-apis/references/messaging-samples/
Yes we do support Experimentation in API Triggered Campaigns.
so one can create an experiment in the Campaign Authoring and the same will be honored from API .
We don't support any experimentation options ( treatments ) from the API Payload.
Can you also share some of the best practices on using API-triggered campaigns?
On Best practices :
- Contextual Support : The contextual attributes passed into the request cannot exceed 50kb and are always consider of type string.
- The context.system syntax is restricted to Adobe internal usage only, and should not be used to pass contextual attributes.
some are mentioned here on product documentation : https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/journey-optimizer/using/campaigns/api-triggered-campaigns.ht...
There are multiple like
1. Use sample code to understand better
2. Use transactional capability for transactional (critical communications without marketing offers) only (particularly for Email channel as ISPs expect it
3. Ensure you select Create Profile option depending on your use cases.
4. You can set content in Campaign with profile variables but if you want you can potentially override the value from external context, you can. Thats a very col trick but this override is only for message and does not change the value of attribute in the platform
Hi @anuhya-tad ,
Guardrails for throughput in API triggered campaigns are captured at : https://helpx.adobe.com/legal/product-descriptions/adobe-journey-optimizer.html
today we support 500 requests per second for all outbound channels (email , push and sms )
Another interesting thing to know would be that whether our customers would need separate permissions (outside of Campaigns) to use API-triggered campaigns?
No separate permissions needed. A practitioner who has Campaign access can use API Triggered Campaigns. However, for API Developer, the user needs access to execute and those need to be set
Hi @Sukrity_Wadhwa ,
- For Authoring API Triggered Campaigns : we need campaign manage permissions .
- To execute the API triggered Campaign : we need to have a developer permissions and should have developer project on Adobe IO console : https://developer.adobe.com/journey-optimizer-apis/references/messaging/#tag/execution