Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!

triggerView shows flash/flicker of default content

Level 2

Hi, I have been trying to eliminate flash of content in our Vue.js Single Page Application when using adobe.target.triggerView. So far I have a very basic implementation. I've followed this SPA documentation and the triggerView documentation. In the docs, there is a diagram that states "Targeted content is revealed as quickly as possible without flicker of default content.", however I am seeing substantial flicker. Is it possible to eliminate it using this method?

Here are the steps I have taken for basic implementation:

1. Within the Vue.js mounted hook, I have added adobe.target.triggerView('myHomePageTest');
  2. I create a new A/B Test Activity using VEC
  3. In the Modifications section, I can see the MYHOMEPAGETEST view defined from my implementation (in step 1).
  4. I change some CTA button text and save the Activity
  5. When I refresh my page (simple refresh, hard refresh, empty cache refresh), I see the default button text before the test is applied. Have a look here:

flashofcontentGif.gif

Any advice on how to eliminate this or is this expected behavior? Thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Administrator

Thanks for your question and follow up here @bmendez! I know this question is coming up on being two years old now but in case anyone wants to try to take a stab at it to close it out with deeper insights, please do - the Community would indeed be better for it  Thank you for your expertise as always! 

CC our brilliant Advisors:  , and 

and our inspiring Mentors: @abhilashsape@Gokul_Agiwal@Rajneesh_Gautam_@PratheepArunRaj, and @Sneha-Parmar