Your achievements

Level 1

0% to

Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

View all

Sign in to view all badges

☕[AT Community Q&A Coffee Break] 10/14/20, 8am PT: Jon Tehero, Group Product Manager for Adobe Target☕ [SERIES 2]

Amelia_Waliany
Employee
Employee

Join us for our next monthly Adobe Target Community Q&A Coffee Break

taking place Wednesday, October 14th @ 8am PT

👨‍💻👩‍💻Register Now!👨‍💻👩‍💻

We'll be joined by Jon Tehero aka @Jon_Tehero, Group Product Manager for Adobe Target, who will be signed in here to the Adobe Target Community to chat directly with you on this thread about your Adobe Target questions pertaining to his areas of expertise:

  • AI improvements
  • A4T for Auto-Target
  • Slot-based Recommendations
  • General Adobe Target backend & UI

Want us to send you a calendar invitation so you don’t forget?  Register now to mark your calendar and receive Reminders!

🎯A NOTE FROM OUR NEXT COMMUNITY Q&A COFFEE BREAK EXPERT, JON TEHERO 🎯

 

 

🎯REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE 🎯

  • Must be signed in to the Community during the 1-hour period
  • Must post a Question about Adobe Target
  • THAT'S IT!  *(think of this as the Adobe Target Community equivalent of an AMA, (“Ask Me Anything”), and bring your best speed-typing game)

🎯INSTRUCTIONS 🎯

  • Click the blue “Reply” button at the bottom right corner of this post
  • Begin your Question with @Jon_Tehero 
  • When exchanging messages with Jon about your specific question, be sure to use the editor’s "QUOTE" button, which will indicate which post you're replying to, and will help contain your conversation with Jon

QUOTE BUTTON.png

 

Jon-Tehero-Bio.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

Jon Tehero is a Group Product Manager for Adobe Target. He’s overseen hundreds of new features within the Target platform and has played a key role in migrating functionality from Target's classic platforms into the new Adobe Target UI. Jon is currently focused on expanding the Target feature set to address an even broader set of use-cases. Prior to working on the Product Management team, Jon consulted for over sixty mid- to enterprise-sized customers, and was a subject matter expert within the Adobe Consulting group.

 

Curious about what an Adobe Target Community Q&A Coffee Break looks like? Check out the threads from our first Series of Adobe Target Community Q&A Coffee Breaks

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

0 Replies
Jon_Tehero
Employee
Employee

@mravlich wrote:

@Jon_Tehero  Hi -> with the new A4T view in workspace, will we ever use calculated metrics within the view to get confidence levels? Any tips for using this now? Thanks.


Hi @mravlich,

 

This is definitely a common request among our customers. Check out my reply to Shani2 on the same topic.

peterhartung
Employee
Employee

Hey Jon,

@wixyFun asked the following in our forums:

 

Hi, 

I have some issues with Catalog and inclusion rules comparisons in adobe target recommendations. 

I am trying to use " is less than or equal to" to compare same entity attribute values that are numeric and it looks like adobe thinks of the attribute values as strings , so only when using "equals" I get a correct entity match.

For example, entity.hoursSinceUpdate = 358 is returned when searching/filtering for hoursSinceUpdate is less than or equal to 72

What could be causing this issue? 

Should I delete entities from the catalog or try updating them instead? 

Any suggestions are appreciated, thank you


https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-target-questions/entity-attributes-cannot-be-...

Jon_Tehero
Employee
Employee

@peterhartung wrote:

Hey Jon,

@wixyFun asked the following in our forums:

 

Hi, 

I have some issues with Catalog and inclusion rules comparisons in adobe target recommendations. 

I am trying to use " is less than or equal to" to compare same entity attribute values that are numeric and it looks like adobe thinks of the attribute values as strings , so only when using "equals" I get a correct entity match.

For example, entity.hoursSinceUpdate = 358 is returned when searching/filtering for hoursSinceUpdate is less than or equal to 72

What could be causing this issue? 

Should I delete entities from the catalog or try updating them instead? 

Any suggestions are appreciated, thank you


https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-target-questions/entity-attributes-cannot-be-...


Hello @wixyFun,

 

Thank you for your question. You are correct in that the "is less than or equal to" operator is looking for a numeric value. However, when you create a custom entity.attribute, the default data type is string. If you reach out to customer care, they can submit a ticket to convert the field type to a numeric field so that the evaluation will work as intended. I will make sure we add this information to our documentation as well.

 

mravlich
Level 4
Level 4

@Jon_Tehero do you have any tips for scaling the testing amount within a SPA (single-page application)?

Amelia_Waliany
Employee
Employee

Hi @Jon_Tehero! Thank you for your time today 🙂

@Mau_Gloria posted this question in the Community: 

Hi, Im trying to set a recommendations module on a page but these are not pushed to the webpage. The only way to see them is by using the "Preview" link included in Adobe Target, which is pulling 3 different offers along with their URLs. Feeds are working fine (scheduled every day in the morning) and in the overview screen of the activity I saw "Results ready" with green indicator.

- I tried QA link, nothing.

- I tried visiting the page, nothing.

Mau_Gloria_2-1596574463637.png

Using at.js 2.1.

LINK TO ORIGINAL POST

Jon_Tehero
Employee
Employee

@Amelia_Waliany wrote:

Hi @Jon_Tehero! Thank you for your time today 🙂

@Mau_Gloria posted this question in the Community: 

Hi, Im trying to set a recommendations module on a page but these are not pushed to the webpage. The only way to see them is by using the "Preview" link included in Adobe Target, which is pulling 3 different offers along with their URLs. Feeds are working fine (scheduled every day in the morning) and in the overview screen of the activity I saw "Results ready" with green indicator.

- I tried QA link, nothing.

- I tried visiting the page, nothing.

Mau_Gloria_2-1596574463637.png

Using at.js 2.1.

LINK TO ORIGINAL POST


I concur with what @karandhawan said and would recommend using the "?content-trace=true" option as well.

 

A couple of additional tips:

  1. depending on the type of algorithm, it may require a "key" (which is the entity or category that you are basing the recommendations on. example: for "people who viewed this also viewed these..." the "this" represents the key).
  2. When entities are brand new or when an algorithm first runs, as recommendations are requested, we push the results of the algorithm and the details of the entity to our edges. Sometimes you may need to refresh a couple of times to allow the results to fully propagate to the edge. This is generally something that is only really felt while QA'ing the activity and is limited at most to the first couple of views of an entity.
peterhartung
Employee
Employee

One more question from our forums, Jon from @btorres76

With multiple activities on a page, is there a way for one activity to disable certain modifications from other activities?

For example I have this use case:

Activity 1: Updates elem1, elem2, elem3

Activity 2: Updates elem2, elem3, elem4

 

Is there a way for another activity (Activity 3) to disable:

Activity 1: disable update on elem3

Activity 2: disable update on elem2

 

Original Forum Post 

Jon_Tehero
Employee
Employee

@peterhartung wrote:

One more question from our forums, Jon from @btorres76

With multiple activities on a page, is there a way for one activity to disable certain modifications from other activities?

For example I have this use case:

Activity 1: Updates elem1, elem2, elem3

Activity 2: Updates elem2, elem3, elem4

 

Is there a way for another activity (Activity 3) to disable:

Activity 1: disable update on elem3

Activity 2: disable update on elem2

 

Original Forum Post 


@btorres76 , 

 

There are different ways to achieve this. One way is to add more restricting conditions in activity 1&2 to that make sure the visitor is NOT in activity 3. You can add targeting conditions to determine if someone is in another test or even target based on specific activity membership using the built-in attribute: "user.activeActivities"