Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Repeating Rows and deleting Rows

Level 5

Good Day everyone.

It seems I am caught in an endless “do loop” trying to figure out how to get a row to repeat without the headers being repeated each time. As well, I have a delete button on each row. After adding a couple of rows, I can only delete 1 row then when I try to delete the next row I get the wonderful  “GeneralError”

GeneralError: Operation failed.

1. XFAObject.removeInstance:1:XFA:form1[0]:#subform[0]:psl_list_subform[1]:Table3[0]:Row1[0]:del_but[0]:click

The element [min] has violated its allowable number of occurrences.I can only delete 1 row be able to delete rows. 

I figure this has to do with the headers repeating.

I am using LiveCycle Designer 8.0 (ver. 8.05.2073).

These are the settings I am using

Psl_list_subform;

Subform tab: Allow Page Breaks Within Content is checked

Bindings: Repeat subform for each data item Checked

Min count “not checked”

Initial Count = 1

Table3

Table tab: Allow page breaks within Content “not checked”

Binding tab: Repeat Table For Each Data Item is checked

Min Count = 1

Initial Count “not Checked”

Header Row

Row Tab: Allow page breaks within content “not checked”

Pagination Tab: Include header row in initial page “checked”

Include header row in subsequent pages “checked”

Binding Tab: Repeat row for each data Items “checked”

Min Count= 1

Initial count “not checked”

Row 1

Row Tab: Allow page breaks within content “not checked”

Binding Tab: Repeat row for each data item “Checked”

Min count = 1

Initial count=2

I have be trying different combinations and still, not working.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Try this:

Psl_list_subform - turn off Repeat Subform (unless you really are repeating the whole subform - though this shouldn't affect the table).

Table3 - turn off Repeat Table, you're probably not repeating the whole table.

Header Row - turn off Repeat Row, you don't want to repeat the header for each data item.

Row1 - looks ok, you'll get 2 rows to start and can only delete to a minimum of 1.

The error you're getting is because of your Min setting, hard to say which one was causing it. It's just telling you that you're trying to delete something that is already at its minimum count.

Table headers can definitely be a pain sometimes! I've had problems with repeating over multiple pages.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Try this:

Psl_list_subform - turn off Repeat Subform (unless you really are repeating the whole subform - though this shouldn't affect the table).

Table3 - turn off Repeat Table, you're probably not repeating the whole table.

Header Row - turn off Repeat Row, you don't want to repeat the header for each data item.

Row1 - looks ok, you'll get 2 rows to start and can only delete to a minimum of 1.

The error you're getting is because of your Min setting, hard to say which one was causing it. It's just telling you that you're trying to delete something that is already at its minimum count.

Table headers can definitely be a pain sometimes! I've had problems with repeating over multiple pages.

Level 5

Thank you Jono

It appears that LiveCycle has become corrupt somehow. When I changed the settings it still did not work. Then I created at test file and tried a couple of simple things such as a text field with the “expand to fit” checked off and that did not work the way it should. As well, Acrobat professional would not launch while LiveCycle was loaded. I tried on my home system and it worked..

I have requested the application be uninstalled and a re-installed. This might take a couple of days so I will close this one and create a new one if I am still having problems.

Thanks again

Chomp