Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Does Reader support ALL of the OLEDB DataConnection XFA controls?

Former Community Member

Say I design a form in LiveCycle (version 8.2 or 9) which uses an OLEDB DataConnection binded to fields to populate them.  Furthermore if I am using FormCalc or JavaScript to build buttons to navigate/update/delete/insert records in the database, will this functionality work in Adobe Reader (versions 9.X to 10.X.X)?

So far I've been finding that my OLEDB functionality works correctly in full Acrobat and LiveCycle Designer but when it comes to Reader it seems very disabled/broken.  In Reader I can only access the first record in my OLEDB link and any of the record navigation buttons fail with an 'accessor is unknown' error.

Is there something I can change in Reader to make this OLEDB DataConnection functionality fully work or is Reader purposly limited in his aspect?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Reader has to be Extended to handle database connections which is done via the Adobe Reader Extension Server - if you don't have the server you're out of luck unless you can find someone to sell you Extensions on a form by form basis. I think there used to be a company on the net doing it but I'm not sure.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Reader has to be Extended to handle database connections which is done via the Adobe Reader Extension Server - if you don't have the server you're out of luck unless you can find someone to sell you Extensions on a form by form basis. I think there used to be a company on the net doing it but I'm not sure.