Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Is Adobe live cycle ES2 9.0.5 version compatible with SQL server 2017 and above ?

Level 1

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

I think you will have difficulties finding someone still running ES2 and even harder to find someone who attempts what you are trying.

ES2 is old and not supported by Adobe any more. It runs on unsupported OS versions with an unsupported version of Java and is certfied for an unsupported version of SQL Server.  

Trying to connect to SQL Server 2017 would mean that you need newer JDBC drivers. Those might not run on the old Java version. Using a new Java for ES2 most likely will fail.

My best guess is that it is not possible.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

I think you will have difficulties finding someone still running ES2 and even harder to find someone who attempts what you are trying.

ES2 is old and not supported by Adobe any more. It runs on unsupported OS versions with an unsupported version of Java and is certfied for an unsupported version of SQL Server.  

Trying to connect to SQL Server 2017 would mean that you need newer JDBC drivers. Those might not run on the old Java version. Using a new Java for ES2 most likely will fail.

My best guess is that it is not possible.

Employee Advisor

@sree_nath The ES2 supported software from OS, DB, App servers have almost died now. Please upgrade to 6.5 to use ms SQL 17