Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Drop Down List With Multiple Email Addresses

Former Community Member
I created a form which requires users to choices from a drop down list. I want to associate their choice with a specific email address and then submit the completed .pdf form to the specified email address. I have tried writing a Java Script to accomplish this selection but have failed to make the operation work. Help!! Thanks.
87 Replies

Former Community Member
please send me an example to send a complete livecycle pdf form to a dynamic email

aymanr@emeco.com

Former Community Member
Hi Paul,

could you send me the example too?

Thanks

etienne.depasse@forem.be

Level 5

It actually does work, but for some reason only on the second click.  When I first clicked it just moved the page to the top, then I scrolled down to the post with the attachment, clicked it again, and the download started.

Former Community Member
Dear Paul

Thanks, it worked also I could made the subject dynamic easily

many thanks

Former Community Member
Hi Paul.

I would like a copy as well at pygohan@gmail.com

Thanks

Level 2
Thanks for posting it, Ikassuba.

Thanks for creating it, Paul.

I'll look forward to studying it.

Level 2
Dear Paul, this works indeed!!! I've now created my first ever form. Thanks very much!!!

Level 2
Paul,

Would you also know how to change within the script that you developed the submit email's subject line, text body, and cc field? I've tried to copy script I've found in different forums but it doesn't seem to work in this particular case. Would you, or anyone in this forum know, how to adapt the script?

RealEmail.event__click.submit.target = "mailto:" + DropDownList1.rawValue;

RealEmail.execEvent("click");

} else {

app.alert("Please select a choice from the drop-down list!");

}

PS: I've specifically tried to add this line, but to no avail:

+ "cc:" + repository@test.com + "subject:" + subjectText + "body:" + bodyText

Former Community Member
I fixed the cc with binding it to a checkbox that asks if the user wants a cc and a ";"

Looks like this: {RealEmail.event__click.submit.target = "mailto:" + DropDownList1.rawValue + ";" + Kontroll.rawValue;

RealEmail.execEvent("click");}

Doesn't use the CC field but sends the mail to all the mail-adresses you add like this. Hope that at least helped somehow :)

For the rest... humm... I am not sure, didn't try it, but shouldn't you write it all in " " since it is text?

Lisa

PS.: This fake-button is kinda the big brother of PDF ;D

*is now able to control all the input presending* *muhar*

Former Community Member
Nojun - if you do a search on the web for mailto it will show you the structure that is required to pass a subject, message etc for the mail message. I think you will find that you need a ? to separate the parts of your mail message.

Former Community Member
http://slayeroffice.com/code/custom_alert/

I would like to have this format, if possible.Is there by any chance we can have it in PDF ? :)

Level 4
Hi Paul

Can you send me it to please.

Email is djl64@st-andrews.ac.uk

Thanks

Darren

Level 1

Could you also send it to me, thanks david.plutto@bms.com

Level 1

Paul -  Could you send this to me as well?  ralaws@co.franklin.pa.us  Thanks!

Level 1

Sorry, I missed seeing the file you posted.  No need to email.  Thanks for the info!

Level 1

Could you "Just sent it" to me as well?

I'd appreciate it.

kevarch312@gmail.com

Level 1

Hi Paul,

Thanks for posting your form and it works great.

However, when I try to implement only part of your form (dropdownlist with binding emails, Fake email Button with Click event and invisible RealEmail button) with LifeCycle Desiger ES 8.2, it just didn't work when opening it in Reader. Is it because I don't have Reader Entensions?

If it's true, can I say that any pdf forms created with LC Designer which involves JavaScript or FormCalc need to have Reader Extensions to extend the right to reader so that they could use it with only Acrobat Reader?

Is Acrobat Pro able to achieve same function without using Reader Extension?

Thanks.