Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Set and send Target profile parameter on form submit in Launch

Level 4

Use case:

We have a simple form consisting of a few radio buttons and a submit button. The response to this survey page will drive personalization in Target.

Sample scenario:

In survey page/form it says what is your favourite letter: the choices (radio buttons) are a, b and c.

On form submit, collect the response (a, b, or c). Use data element to store this value.

In AEPDC aka Launch, set up a rule - on form submit, assign profile parameter to the response; e.g.  profile.surveyResponse = the response (the data element that's used to store the response).

In Target, profile.surveyResponse will be used to create audiences; e.g. an audience for those that responded with a, another audience for b, another for c.

How can this set up on Launch?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

You may want to create a Rule to be fired when a form response is received. Here is an example of how the Target method looks:

adobe.target.trackEvent({ 
    "mbox": "form-submit", 
    "params": { 
        "profile.surveyResponse": "value" 
    } 
});

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

You may want to create a Rule to be fired when a form response is received. Here is an example of how the Target method looks:

adobe.target.trackEvent({ 
    "mbox": "form-submit", 
    "params": { 
        "profile.surveyResponse": "value" 
    } 
});

Level 4

@Andrey_Osadchuk thank you, I think it's working. I set up a rule that fires on form submit and set up an action on that rule similar to the trackevent example you sent.

I tried to verify. In the console there is a hit that matches the response (the radio button) I selected. Look at the request payload below. Under Request Payload>Request ID (some ID)>Notifications>0>profileParameters and in here I see the param name productSurveyChoice (this is the param I set up) and the value is correct, the one I selected. Is this correct and in Target will the corresponding audiences work now?

michaela7702973_3-1632168279675.png

Once again, thank you!