Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

"Bad Request" error message on PageLockFilter

Level 3

hi ,

I am using AEM 6.5 and facing the below error whenever any user(author) is trying to save content updates on a page/resource which is locked. The error log shows an error like 

org.apache.sling.auth.core.impl.SlingAuthenticator getAnonymousResolver: Anonymous access not allowed by configuration - requesting credentials
31.08.2020 11:48:02.940 *WARN* [198.147.191.15 [1598874482937] POST /content/project/language-masters/en/taxonomy1/folder1/demo_name/_jcr_content HTTP/1.1] com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.page.PageLockFilter Page : "demo_page" is locked by username@xyz.com

however, the correct message does not appear on the touch UI screen

samikshaa223429_0-1598898365102.png

Please help me find a solution to this issue. 

Thanks,

Samiksha

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

This looks like pure ootb functionality, can you confirm this? Also how do you activate that page? In my instance (well, I just have only 6.4 at hand) the edit mode does not offer "quick publish" if the page is locked. And if the page is locked and I use the siteadmin functionality "quick publish" it complains accordingly, that the page is locked etc.

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Community Advisor

@samikshaa223429 

As message shows it’s some authentication error. Can you validate the author’s access ?

Did you tried unlocking and saving ?

Level 3

hi Nikhil,

I am trying to update page properties of page locked by someone else. The error message shows up for any user ( system user or author)

The message does not show a proper message on the screen , instead just shows "Bad Request" on AEM 6.5.3 and a

Strangely the message appeared to be " Fail to submit the formon AEM 6.5.0

Community Advisor

This looks like a product bug. Authors can only open the page properties even the page is locked. Please raise a support ticket.

Thanks,

Singaiah

hi Singaiah,

Are you aware of any Service Pack from Adobe where this has been resolved? We are on AEM 6.5.3 right now.

Thanks,

Samiksha.

Community Advisor
Hi Samiksha, this is how its been working from last few versions including the latest one AEM 6.5.5. Easy way would be to let the authors know/check if the page has been locked. You can also create a support ticket for the engineering team on this.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

This looks like pure ootb functionality, can you confirm this? Also how do you activate that page? In my instance (well, I just have only 6.4 at hand) the edit mode does not offer "quick publish" if the page is locked. And if the page is locked and I use the siteadmin functionality "quick publish" it complains accordingly, that the page is locked etc.

Level 3
hi Jorg, The locked page shows Open Properties , Unlock page and View as published in the Page information tab. However when a user tries to update any property for the page, it throws an error saying" Bad Request" . I am on AEM 6.5 SP3 and it still the same on the latest SP6. However I see the error message shows "Fail to submit form" on the base version i.e AEM 6.5 .

Employee Advisor
Well, the page is locked... I can imagine that a better error message would make sense (even changing the properties shouldn't be possible). Is there a message in the error.log file?

Level 1

Hi Jorg, 

I know its too late to discuss about this bug now. I have similar error. 

I would like to show more informative message like '400 Page is locked by xxxxxxxx and cannot be edited. Please refresh'.

Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 3.56.26 pm.png

Is this bug resolved ?

Level 3

hi Jorg,

Error Message in logs is as follows :

31.08.2020 11:48:02.940 *WARN* [198.147.191.15 [1598874482937] POST /content/project/language-masters/en/taxonomy1/folder1/demo_name/_jcr_content HTTP/1.1] com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.page.PageLockFilter Page : "demo_page" is locked by username@xyz.com