Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

When building adaptive form based on XDP template, where are the scripts stored?

Level 1

I am creating my first adaptive AEM form using an XDP template I created in AEM Forms Designer (LiveCycle). In the XDP form I have a bunch of scripts. When I place those fields onto my adaptive form, the scripted functionality seems to work but I can't figure out where the scripts are actually being stored! I thought perhaps they would get translated into rules but that doesn't seem to be the case. Where are these scripts stored?

And also: how should I handle it if I realize I need to make an adjustment to my XDP template? If I change it and re-upload it using the same file name, will the adaptive form now link to the newer version automatically?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

They do not show up in rule editor for sure

yes when you upload a new version of the xdp the adaptive form automatically gets updated

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 9

They do not show up in rule editor for sure

yes when you upload a new version of the xdp the adaptive form automatically gets updated

Level 1
OK then I will make any adjustments directly to the XDP template as needed. Thank you!

Level 9

How big is your xdp?

I would recommend to create the adaptive form independent of the xdp and then merge the data with the xdp to produce the pdf

Employee Advisor

@NickiPT The script placed in the xdp are available in rendered form only. You can edit them via designer only.