Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Creating a Notification Workflow

Level 6

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a notification workflow within ACS that will send me an email if any duplicate profiles are present in the system.

I have all the logic set up to identify duplicate profiles, but I can't seem to find a way to to set the automated email to only notify a specific individual (me).

I can query the creator, and reconcile that against admin profiles to generate the email to the person who created the duplicate profile, but that's not what I need. I just want to generate the email to me each time ONLY if there are duplicates present.

Is there a way of setting some logic up that looks to see if there is any data incoming from the previous activity, and if so it passes a specific value through to the email delivery activity - If no data from the incoming activity is present, it ignores the next activity and doesn't generate the email.

I feel like there is probably a relatively simple solution, but currently my mind is blank!

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

In your existing query step add additional data element.  Click Add an Element and Enter the email address into the first field like this 'email@address.com' and then name it.

Next create a reconciliation step.  Under identification use your new additional data field element above for the source and @email address for the destination.

Hope that helps,  John

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 3

Digital B2B'er

To your statement

"

Is there a way of setting some logic up that looks to see if there is any data incoming from the previous activity, and if so it passes a specific value through to the email delivery activity - If no data from the incoming activity is present, it ignores the next activity and doesn't generate the email.

"

-Yes

Since you already have logic built, in next step I would do is -

1. create a decision box to check if  recCount>0, if there are recount counts then go enrichment add specific value and then to a start green box and then to the delivery.

2. If record count=0 then directly go to the same start green box and then to the delivery.

Instead of email delivery you could also leverage alert process box which could send an email just to you or a group.

The start acts as just pass through for either or transitions.

Hope this helps!

Level 6

Thank you very much for your response. Some of the elements you mention (decision box & green box) - I'm not familiar with these. Are these native to Adobe Campaign Classic?

Just to confirm, I am trying to achieve this via Campaign Standard.

Many thanks,

Level 6

Bumping this to see if anyone is able to help?

Correct answer by
Level 6

In your existing query step add additional data element.  Click Add an Element and Enter the email address into the first field like this 'email@address.com' and then name it.

Next create a reconciliation step.  Under identification use your new additional data field element above for the source and @email address for the destination.

Hope that helps,  John

Level 6

John, your're a genus. Thank you!

I was missing the additional data step. Rather than taking that data into a reconciliation I have used an Enrichment activity, and then taken that into a segmentation to determine if there is incoming data or not to make it work how I needed to.

Hope to return the favour one day.