Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!

AEP HTTP API POST data to ACS

Level 5

Hi there,

We started using AEP and the RT-CDP feature. In AEP, there is a HTTP API Destination connector that allows AEP to POST profile data to an API. I am wondering if ACS has some kind of API endpoint that AEP can POST the data to initiate an outbound communication?

I looked into the External API function, but it seems to be able to perform GET function (fetch something from an API), as opposed to receiving data from a POST function. Wondering if anyone has a solution for this?

Thanks.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Community Advisor

@akwankl, When you are integrating with Adobe Experience Cloud solutions in this case AEP and ACS can use the destination connection available to post data in ACS and use it for outbound communication.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/destinations/catalog/email-marketing/ado...

If you have Journey orchestration that is built on top of AEP you can activate outbound communication through ACS.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/journeys/using/action-journeys/working-with-adobe-campaign.h...

Thanks, Sathees

Level 5

Hi @SatheeskannaK,

Thanks for the links, we have already enabled batch export as per the first link you shared. Unfortunately the fastest interval (3 hours) isn't fast enough for my use case, which needs to be as close to real-time as possible. So I am wondering what's the next best/creative option close to achieving this? We do not have AJO right now.

Thank you.

Employee Advisor

Hi @akwankl 

ACS has API for injecting data however there is a huge gap between AEP and ACS when it comes to supported volume.

If you look at the Campaign Standard Product Description page, section Engine Call, you will see that ACS API supported volume is tiny (from 2 / s to 10 / s depending of your license).

For that reason, we strongly suggest to use the AEP - ACS connector as mentioned earlier....

if you still choose the ACS API route, you will have to design a strong solution to slow down the API calls to ACS from AEP, as such you would build a middle layer to throttle the calls in ACS to respect the supported volume..... This has been done in the past using solution such as Kafka or Azure where you would throttle the ingestion.

Also, if you choose the API route, I will strongly suggest that you ingest data in ACS via API only for critical information, FOr instance, you could inject via API information capture during registration and account update including consent, then using the AEP-ACS connector, you will ingest all data (including the one ingested by API) as per the connector (flat files)... You would use in all cases the ACS destination to push segment into ACS, so you might not need more data than the one acquired during registration and account update...

Hope this helps,

Thanks

Denis

Level 5

Thanks @Denis_Bozonnet, this is super helpful and the information I am looking for. 

I came across a document for Transactional messages in ACS, does that have similar limitations and is that another potential solution to my use case?

IE. AEP HTTP API POST to transactional event API, and then triggers the workflow?

POST https://mc.adobe.io/<ORGANIZATION>/campaign/<transactionalAPI>/<eventID>

Thanks!

Administrator

Hi @Denis_Bozonnet,

Could you please help @akwankl further on this?

Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa