Expand my Community achievements bar.

We are excited to introduce our latest innovation to enhance the Adobe Campaign user experience — the Adobe Campaign v8 Web User Interface!
SOLVED

Brand management - tracking URLs - (how) can we pass UTM parameters dependant on e-mail or workflow ID?

Level 1

For optimizing analytics, we're looking for a way to configure a brand so the UTM parameters passed will depend on the Campaign Standard e-mail being sent.

We assume this must be possible, and that the way to do it is to use applicability conditions in the brand configuration that uses an e-mail's Campaign ID (i.e. DMxxxx), e.g.

Parameter name: utm_campaign - Parameter value: 'Mailing X' - applicability condition: "when E-Mail has ID DMxxxx" 

We think the answer will be as simple "<function> == 'DMxxxx'", but we can't figure out the right function. Are we even on the right track?

UPDATE:

Original question has been answered correctly for typical scenarios.

Unfortunately, as mentioned in my reply below, I'm looking at a specific scenario where I can't address mailings via DM#, and presumably would need to pass utm_campaign based on a WKF#. Is that even possible?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @TP_AV 

segmetnCode needs to be added in your custom Profile resources by selecting the sending Log options in the definition of your custom profile. You would have to add a Profile fields in the section too (for instance, add your own customer id in there). You would have then access to the segmentCode in the target data for the branding

Sending Log Extension

costa_n11_0-1695802379749.png

Branding

costa_n11_1-1695802448975.png

If you want the workflow a delivery belongs to in Branding, from the context, navigate to Delivery then to Targeting Workflow and select its ID, it'd look like this

costa_n11_2-1695802620711.png

Be aware that a delivery might not always belong to a workflow but will always belong to a Campaign,

Hope this helps,

Thanks

Denis

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi TP,

First, you will want to configure your tracking parameter in the additional parameters section (See this section in the Branding documentation). To help with the parameter formatting, I would recommend checking out some of the suggested articles in the forum see the following:

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-campaign-standard/enable-additional-url-param...

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-campaign-classic-questions/how-to-add-trackin...

Regards,

Craig

Level 1

I've actually been looking into this and the problem seems to be that using

context.delivery.name == 'DMxxxx'

doesn't work for the specific scenario I'm currently looking at.

The scenario is than an Email with a fixed DM# gets modified, then a new mailing is sent out via a workflow. This generates a new DM# for the actual mailing. So presumably, I'd need a way to use the workflow's WKF# in an applicability condition to cover this scenario.

Level 2

Hi TP,

We have a similar use case where we added "context.targetData.segmentCode" as a parameter in the brand.

The value is defined in each workflow by the user in the latest activity (transition tab) before the delivery.

Administrator

Hi @TP_AV,

Was the given solution by @TristanBerthon helpful to resolve your query or do you still need more help here? Do let us know.

Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa

Level 1

Hi,

unfortunately, the approach isn't working for us. The mailing returns a "context.targetData is undefined" error instead of successfully sending. I'm at a loss why; does the segmentCode have to have a specific format/length?

Cheers,

Thomas Pichler

Administrator

Thanks for the update on your query! I will escalate among our SMEs to get you more help.

Sukrity Wadhwa

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @TP_AV 

segmetnCode needs to be added in your custom Profile resources by selecting the sending Log options in the definition of your custom profile. You would have to add a Profile fields in the section too (for instance, add your own customer id in there). You would have then access to the segmentCode in the target data for the branding

Sending Log Extension

costa_n11_0-1695802379749.png

Branding

costa_n11_1-1695802448975.png

If you want the workflow a delivery belongs to in Branding, from the context, navigate to Delivery then to Targeting Workflow and select its ID, it'd look like this

costa_n11_2-1695802620711.png

Be aware that a delivery might not always belong to a workflow but will always belong to a Campaign,

Hope this helps,

Thanks

Denis

Level 1

@costa_n11, thank you.

For our purposes, we needed to use "context.delivery.workflow.name" in an applicability condition, which also works perfectly.

I won't be able to run a test until tomorrow, will update my reply after.