Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Audience Segments from AAM to Adobe Target, AMO and Adobe Campaign

Level 10

Hi all,

I have requirement to import Audience Segments from AAM to Adobe Target, AMO and Adobe Campaign.

Kindly suggest us the way these integrations could be achieved ASAP.

Appreciate all your responses.

Thanks,

Rama.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Rama,

1. For AAM To Target Segment Sharing, nothing as such needs to be done at AAM level or Target level. You just need to get your Organization provisioned for Shared Audiences/ Profiles and Audiences/ People Core Services. For provisioning your account for Shared Audiences, please fill below form:

https://adobe.allegiancetech.com/cgi-bin/qwebcorporate.dll?idx=X8SVES&preview=1&design=1

Once People Core Services gets provisioned that means Segments Sharing functionality is actually configured at your Audience Manager end in the form of Data Sources and Destinations and as well as in Target setup. So, you need not to do anything at your end. Once configured you are all set to share Audience Manager Segments to Target with the help of Marketing Cloud Audiences.

2. You actually need to go though People Core Services provisioning for this. Without Core Services, you will not be able to share AAM Segments with Target.

Hope this explanation helps. :)

Thanks,

Ankit Bhatt

View solution in original post

21 Replies

Level 10

Hi Rama,

Thanks for reaching out to the AMO Forum. 

I did some digging around and this is what I have found which might help you: 

If you are creating a segment in Analytics or AAM, make sure you publish it to Marketing Cloud. This makes it available for other solutions - https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/analytics/segment/seg_publish.html

For AMO: 

You can allow Media Optimizer to pull metadata, hierarchy data, and unique audience data for Audience Manager segments into the Display > Audience view.

The initial sync takes about 24 hours. After that, data is synced in real time, with a one- to two- second delay.

Note:  All Adobe Analytics segments that are shared from Adobe Experience Cloud are always synced.

In the main menu, click AMO Display > Admin > Audience Manager Setup.

Change the advertiser-level Audience Manager sync settings.

Click Submit.

For Campaign: 

Check out this document - https://docs.campaign.adobe.com/doc/standard/en/ITG_People_core_service_Importing-Exporting_audience...

For Target:

Check out this document: https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/aam/c_am_tt_int_intro.html

I am trying to get more detailed information from product experts meanwhile. 

-Tanmay

Level 10

Thanks Tanmay for this reply.

I will wait to hear inputs from your product team.

Kindly follow up and expedite it.

Thanks,

Rama.

Level 10

One more query Tanmay.

Your URL, https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/analytics/segment/seg_publish.html, says "By publishing a segment to the Marketing Cloud, you can use the segment for marketing activity in the Audience library, Target, and audience management.".

Does it mean these published segments are available to only these?

What about the other AMC Products?

In my case, I need them for Target, AMO and Campaign.

Kindly clarify.

Thanks,

Rama.

Level 10

Hi Rama,

In my knowledge publishing segment to marketing cloud should make it available across all solutions. However, I am still trying to get it confirmed internally. 

Level 10

Just confirmed, the segments will be available in AMO but not in Campaign if you publish them to marketing cloud. 

Level 10

Hi Tanmay,

Thanks for reverting.

This approach of making segments available to only some AMC products defeats the very concept and spirit of Core Services of Adobe Marketing Cloud.

If you take Adobe ID, it remains the same across all AMC products.

The very purpose of core services is to make functionalities neutral and available to all AMC products.

Dont you think we are missing something here?

Thanks,

Rama.

Level 10

Hi Tanmay,

1. For Campaign:  Check out this document - https://docs.campaign.adobe.com/doc/standard/en/ITG_People_core_service_Importing-Exporting_audience...

This URL addresses Importing audiences/segments from People core service in Adobe Campaign

But how could I export audiences/segments from AAM to People core service ?

2. For AMO:  You can allow Media Optimizer to pull metadata, hierarchy data, and unique audience data for Audience Manager segments into the Display > Audience view.

For this documentation, please let me know the URL.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Rama.

Level 10

Hi Rama,

1. Let me try to get this information for you. 

2. AMO documentation is behind the firewall and is not public. If you have login access to AMO let me know I will tell you where to find it. 

Thanks,

Tanmay

Employee

Hello Rama,

AAM to Target: This requires Profiles and Audiences Enablement on your account. Post this, there will be an option to share audience across platform which can be leveraged for the current requirement.

AAM to AMO: There is a setup for this which requires creation of S2S destination for Media Optimizer. This destination creation can be done by Audience Manager Customer Care but we need "AMO ID" to set this up.

AAM to Campaign: There is a setup for this as well which requires creation of S2S destination & Data Sources for sharing segments from Audience Manager/ Shared Audiences to Campaign. Once Data Sources and Destinations setup done, you need to define those Data Source ID's and Destination ID's with in Campaign Workflow with the sFTP credentials for data exchange. There are prerequisites for this which are as follows:

1. Full AAM License. (if wants to share Audience Manager Segments)

2. Marketing Cloud ID Service Enabled.

3. Account should be provisioned for Profiles and Audiences.

4. Access to Campaign Client Console with Adobe Id/Marketing Cloud ID(imsORGID)

For more details you can reach out to Audience Manager Customer Care team via amsupport@adobe.com

Thanks,

Ankit Bhatt

Level 10

Hi Ankit/Tanmay,

Ankit, I have just two last questions:

1. AAM to Target: This requires Profiles and Audiences Enablement on your account. Post this, there will be an option to share audience across platform which can be leveraged for the current requirement.

Kindly explain what needs to be done on AAM and what needs to be done on Target to achieve this, at a very high level, may be 2-3 bullet points.

"Profiles and Audiences Enablement on your account" on which side? AAM or Target?

2. No need to go for People Core Service? When will we take this route?

Thanks,

Rama.

Level 10

Hi Ankit/Tanmay,

Ankit, I have just two last questions:

1. AAM to Target: This requires Profiles and Audiences Enablement on your account. Post this, there will be an option to share audience across platform which can be leveraged for the current requirement.

Kindly explain what needs to be done on AAM and what needs to be done on Target to achieve this, at a very high level, may be 2-3 bullet points.

"Profiles and Audiences Enablement on your account" on which side? AAM or Target?

2. No need to go for People Core Service? When will we take this route?

Thanks,

Rama.

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Rama,

1. For AAM To Target Segment Sharing, nothing as such needs to be done at AAM level or Target level. You just need to get your Organization provisioned for Shared Audiences/ Profiles and Audiences/ People Core Services. For provisioning your account for Shared Audiences, please fill below form:

https://adobe.allegiancetech.com/cgi-bin/qwebcorporate.dll?idx=X8SVES&preview=1&design=1

Once People Core Services gets provisioned that means Segments Sharing functionality is actually configured at your Audience Manager end in the form of Data Sources and Destinations and as well as in Target setup. So, you need not to do anything at your end. Once configured you are all set to share Audience Manager Segments to Target with the help of Marketing Cloud Audiences.

2. You actually need to go though People Core Services provisioning for this. Without Core Services, you will not be able to share AAM Segments with Target.

Hope this explanation helps. :)

Thanks,

Ankit Bhatt

Level 10

This explanation helps a lot indeed.

I once again appreciate all your knowledge and patience.

Thanks,

Rama.

Level 10

This Post has been moved from Adobe Media Optimizer community to Adobe Audience Manager community

Level 2

Hi Ankit,     We have got Shared Audience and A4T provisions Enabled from Adobe Client Care for our company's adobe account. And I am able to see all the Segments (that I have created in AAM ) under Target Audience Library. Now I would like to view only specific segments from AAM to be shown under Adobe Target Audience Library. 1). Can you please update me that Is there any way/option that will enable us to select specific segments in AAM to show up under Target Audience Library?. Thanks, Sundhara Vadivu M

Level 9

Sundhara,

There is no way at present to show list of some segments in Target those are coming from Shared Audience.

Thanks,

Varun Kalra

Level 3

I am a little late to the game but I wrote a blog on segment sharing between Adobe Campaign and Adobe Audience Manager. It is 3 parts and is based on my Summit Session from 2017. It has good content that is very relevant to the question here:

(Edited by Moderator to remove links).

Level 2

Could you please share the link in personal message since it has been removed from here. It will be of great help. Cheers

Level 10

Kindly share the link in personal message since it has been removed from here.

Appreciate your support.

Thanks,

Rama.

Employee

Hey jhelou - found your blog post - great stuff!