Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Regarding Bounce Rate in Adhoc analysis

Former Community Member

Hi there have been some posts that partially answer this but I have a question about any changes to Bounce rate calculation in Adhoc analysis

Earlier (in Aug'15) if we chose Count Repeat Instances : No - Then the bounce rate would be higher as it would dis-regard reloads on a page

and if we chose Count Repeat Instances : Yes - the bounce rate would be lower as a page refresh/reload would ensure that it was not a bounce

When I am pulling the reports out today (Nov'15) , I am getting the same bounce rate across both options. Has the logic to calculate the Bounce Rate changed to dis regard reloads/refreshes?

I got an article that contradicted itself - https://helpx.adobe.com/analytics/kb/comparing-bounces-and-single-access.html. Should the word "enabled" actually be "Disabled"

Bounces are defined as the number of visits to your site that contain a single image request. If a user comes to your site and fires more than a single image request, even a page refresh, they aren't counted as a bounce. If "count page reloads" is enabled in Ad Hoc Analysis, image requests flagged as reloads are omitted. Visits consisting of one image request + reloads is considered a bounce in this specific case.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Did anything change on your site so that you are firing additional metrics on or soon after page load that would change your current-day bounces? with or without page reloads?

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

Did anything change on your site so that you are firing additional metrics on or soon after page load that would change your current-day bounces? with or without page reloads?