Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Facing difficulty in implementing ACDL for my website via Lunch using ACDL extension.

Level 1

Hi All,  Can you all help/provide some insight on how I can push data to the ACDL from the frontend? My existing W3C data layer is broken and missing crucial information, so I want to implement a patch fix using the ACDL. I plan to capture the information from the frontend and push it to the ACDL.

Steps I followed :

1.Created a data element using custom code for the click event.

2.Implemented a rule in Events using the ACDL extension to push the data.

KenKevin112_1-1721032875397.png

3.In Actions, add the condition for pushing ACDL to the data layer and map the created data element.

KenKevin112_2-1721032907276.png

Data is still not being pushed to the dataLayer, or I might be implementing it incorrectly. Please guide me if I am making any mistakes in the steps.

I've followed the documents available on the internet : https://github.com/adobe/adobe-client-data-layer/wiki

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi @KenKevin112 

I am not sure whether you need an ACDL for this. Could this not be generated to the existing data layer on the fly before sending the event?

If you anyway need custom code to capture this new category, maybe a line of code would solve the issue rather than introducing a whole new extension?

Feel free to send me a DM, so we can have a closer look at it.

Cheers

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 9

Hi @KenKevin112 

a few questions to better understand your issue

• actions do not contain conditions, not sure whether I fully understand 3)
  • is that event you want to push into Launch coming as a "click" event or from frontend code? Meaning, does it contain the clickData already as payload or where is your %clickData% coming from?

Is that "webCustomClick" a different ACDL event/rule you want react to or shall e.g., a "Direct Call" be triggered instead to work with your previous implmentation?

How did the setup look before it stopped working? Maybe a screenshot would help

Cheers

Side Note: the W3C data layer is extremely antiquated. If we get this issue to work, I would recommend considering migrating your implementation to the ACDL if I were you

Level 1

Thanks for the quick response @bjoern__koth and I'm using the Adobe Client Data Layer (ACDL) extension in my Adobe Launch implementation to fix my existing broken data layer.

Currently, my data layer successfully captures the document name and document URL and it is EDDL. However, the document category is not being captured correctly/missing. To resolve this, I'm capturing the category name during the click event and storing it in a data element, (as recommended by the ACDL documentation.)

Subsequently, I call this data element in the Action tab to push the data to the data layer.

KenKevin112_0-1721037989617.png

So, my goal is to repair the broken data layer using the ACDL, and I'm exploring ways to solve/fix this.

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi @KenKevin112 

I am not sure whether you need an ACDL for this. Could this not be generated to the existing data layer on the fly before sending the event?

If you anyway need custom code to capture this new category, maybe a line of code would solve the issue rather than introducing a whole new extension?

Feel free to send me a DM, so we can have a closer look at it.

Cheers