Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Regarding Bounce Rate in Adhoc analysis

Former Community Member

Hi there have been some posts that partially answer this but I have a question about any changes to Bounce rate calculation in Adhoc analysis

Earlier (in Aug'15) if we chose Count Repeat Instances : No - Then the bounce rate would be higher as it would dis-regard reloads on a page

and if we chose Count Repeat Instances : Yes - the bounce rate would be lower as a page refresh/reload would ensure that it was not a bounce

When I am pulling the reports out today (Nov'15) , I am getting the same bounce rate across both options. Has the logic to calculate the Bounce Rate changed to dis regard reloads/refreshes?

I got an article that contradicted itself - https://helpx.adobe.com/analytics/kb/comparing-bounces-and-single-access.html. Should the word "enabled" actually be "Disabled"

Bounces are defined as the number of visits to your site that contain a single image request. If a user comes to your site and fires more than a single image request, even a page refresh, they aren't counted as a bounce. If "count page reloads" is enabled in Ad Hoc Analysis, image requests flagged as reloads are omitted. Visits consisting of one image request + reloads is considered a bounce in this specific case.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Did anything change on your site so that you are firing additional metrics on or soon after page load that would change your current-day bounces? with or without page reloads?

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

Did anything change on your site so that you are firing additional metrics on or soon after page load that would change your current-day bounces? with or without page reloads?