Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Referring domain/Referrer doesn't have campaign domain/URL

Level 4

Hi Team,

We are looking in to the referring domain and referrer report for one of our promotion URL. We would like understand the domain/referrer for that promotion URL. When we refer the referring domain and referrer report we don’t see one of our domain which is the expected domain where we have our banner to reach that promotion page. Therefore, we should get that URL/domain under the promotion for referring domain and referrer report . However, we don’t see that particular URL/domain on those report. But, we could see those referrer pages in previous page report.

Could you help us to understand the scenario happening here? Please let me know for any other information.

Thank you,

Jay.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Jay,

The 'referrer' URL you are saying should have Adobe Analytics Code and link to the same Report Suite. Thus you are getting the 'referrer' URL in the previous page report and not in the 'referrer' report.

Thanks, Arun.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Jay,

The 'referrer' URL you are saying should have Adobe Analytics Code and link to the same Report Suite. Thus you are getting the 'referrer' URL in the previous page report and not in the 'referrer' report.

Thanks, Arun.

Level 4

Hi Arun,

However, I am seeing that referrer URL while I debug it. In your mentioned case, I shouldn't see other referrer where adobe analytics is not implemented. But I can see other referrer on the report where AA is not available. Would it be the best approach to provide the previous page (Referrer URL) report with visit metric? Still digging more to find the root cause of this occurrence. Please let me know if any.

Thank you,

Jay.

Employee

If your domain has been added as an Internal URL Filter, you will not see this domain in the Referrer / Referring Domain reports. The only place where you can see this domain would be Data Warehouse or Data Feeds.

Hope this helps.

Level 4
We haven't add those in the internal filter URL since those are third party site.

Level 10
Do any of the answers below answer your initial question? If so, can you select one of them as the correct answer? If none of the answers already provided answer your question, can you provide additional information to better help the community solve your question?