Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Prevent Click Event (s.tl) from firing when user clicks image and drags

Level 3

Hi all, so i'm experiencing something, I want to track click on my anchor elements, however, we have a carousel and when a user clicks and swipes/drags to the next carousel item, a click(s.tl) is fired. how can i prevent it from firing when a user is dragging/sliding through the images and only capture/fire the click(s.tl) when the user clicks it vs. sliding through?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Edward, it's likely that your tracking implementation is mapped to the event that triggers in both cases (click and drag/slide). If you find a way how to differentiate these two event types and link the tracking to the click event, then it will allow to get the desired result.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10
Do you have a URL where we can see the page?

Level 3
sent you a message with the URL. thanks

Correct answer by
Level 10

Edward, it's likely that your tracking implementation is mapped to the event that triggers in both cases (click and drag/slide). If you find a way how to differentiate these two event types and link the tracking to the click event, then it will allow to get the desired result.