Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

[Novice Question]: How to see what articles are generating leads?

Level 3

I am trying to see which articles are causing users to take an eventual path to completing a lead. Please take a look and let me know if I am thinking about this path in the correct way?

I used the fallout path to see which users who have viewed a specific segment of articles and took an eventual path to completing a lead. According to the report, there are 25 visitors who have done this. How do I find which articles lead these 25 visitors to complete a lead?

Screen Shot 2018-02-15 at 4.08.34 PM.png

Thanks for your help and continual guidance, AAC!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

If you're not as much interested in the path itself, but you are interested in which articles were involved in visits that completed leads, there is an alternative method.

You would create a calculated metric with your Lead Completed event. Instead of the default allocation, set it to visit participation. What this does is give every page/article (and other evars if you use it this way), seen before the event full credit for the event. So you will see which pages/articles are contributing to Lead Completes.

References:

Participation

Add Participation Metrics

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Dear Jordan,

Create a visit segment with 'Lead Completed' exists.

Go to 'Page Path' report and see the eventual path.

Thank You

Arun

Correct answer by
Level 5

If you're not as much interested in the path itself, but you are interested in which articles were involved in visits that completed leads, there is an alternative method.

You would create a calculated metric with your Lead Completed event. Instead of the default allocation, set it to visit participation. What this does is give every page/article (and other evars if you use it this way), seen before the event full credit for the event. So you will see which pages/articles are contributing to Lead Completes.

References:

Participation

Add Participation Metrics

Level 3

Hi nikitarama,

Yes, this is precisely what I am trying to see!

This Youtube video from AA was helpful but I'm still having difficulty: Using Participation Metrics in Analysis Workspace - YouTube

Here's the participation metric with lead completed event

Screen Shot 2018-02-20 at 2.53.20 PM.png

And here's what it's showing in Analysis Workspace. I even tried the segments by visit, visitor, and hit, but no luck.

Screen Shot 2018-02-20 at 2.52.54 PM.png

Any thoughts on where I'm going wrong? Also tried to create a path where a lead exists.

Level 5

That seems about right to me, with the volume of total Leads. You could look at a simple table with Page as the dimension and your Participation Lead as the metric, but I believe this will show you the same two articles.

Looks like during that time period you had two articles that were involved in visits that also included a Lead Complete.

Level 3

Hey Nikitarama,

Sorry for such a late response. Our team is circling back on this and we're trying to understand what type of lead was created from these articles? We have about 70+ different types of leads/products they could have inquired about.

We just want to know which articles/blogs are yielding leads for which products.

Level 5

When your Lead Complete event is fired, how do you capture the product? Is it in the Product dimension? Assuming so, just use that to slice your data.

E.g. create a simple table with Page as the dimension and Participation Lead as the metric. Then drag in the specific items in the Product dimension you are curious about underneath the Participation Lead metric so that you have one column for each product. This would show you, for a given product, which pages most often participated in a visit that included a Lead Complete.

Or do the same, but this time break down the Pages you're interested in by the whole Product dimension. This will show you, for a given page, in visits where users looked at that page and then had a Lead Complete, what product was that lead complete for?