Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Mobile App visit vs website visit

Level 2

I am having mobile app and website as well. I am planning to use the same report suite and same props for mobile app and website. How can i differentiate the page view / prop count  between mobile app vs website. 

Or do i need to have separate report suite for both? 

Please give your suggestion. Thanks in advance. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi, we use the same report suite for multiple websites and multiple apps. We use an evar, which is populated by each application, so that it is easy to differentiate. You can then use all your standard evars, props and events throughout. Obviously, you have to remember that the app specific definitions and metrics only relate to the apps, but it has worked well for us.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 2

We have decided to keep separate report suite for Mobile and Web due to various reason to separate out the analytic data between web and mobile.

I am assuming that we can use the Rollup report suite to get the combined data. Is this the right assumption? 

if it is separate report suite for mobile and web, how should we get the consolidated reports ?  Like page names and props (we are planning to use the same page name , prop values for both mobile and web).

Your response will be appreciated. Thank you for you help in advance. 

Level 10

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to Adobe Community.

You can have a separate report suite for mobile app as there are a number of metrics involved for mobile apps and keep one as a global report suite for both. This way you can easily differentiate between the data from these two platforms. To have a better understanding of the mobile metrics please go through the below link:

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/mobile/metrics.html

Thanks!

Level 8

Hi Mahesh,

It'll become very difficult for you to understand your reporting if you have the same props and report suite for your mobile app and website.

Mobile app metrics tend to be different from your website metrics and consequently have different reports that you can pull for them.

I'd recommend making different report suites for both of them as this will save you a LOT of hassles later on.

Regards

Rahul

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi, we use the same report suite for multiple websites and multiple apps. We use an evar, which is populated by each application, so that it is easy to differentiate. You can then use all your standard evars, props and events throughout. Obviously, you have to remember that the app specific definitions and metrics only relate to the apps, but it has worked well for us.

Level 10

Hi,

Yes Rollup will provide you aggregated data. You could also go through this documentation on Rollup Report Suites - https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/reference/rollup_report_suite.html

Thanks.

TM

Level 6

create a segment where 'app id' exists to find the mobile app users vs non-app users. or go for specific app id's for your different apps.

one other thing we do is append ':mobile' or ":<app id>" etc to the pagenames when the processing rules take the context data from the apps and put it into the report suites.

however, I have found it easier to just segregate the apps into their own report suites because there is so much data they want to collect that doesn't fit into our online prop/evar definitions very well and giving them all the props and evars to use makes life easier.