Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Inconsistent data on different views

Level 2

Hi there,

Relatively new to AA and have been working through training. Something I have noticed when trying to analyse user journeys is and inconsistency in my data which I am trying to figure out.

I drag a page into a Flow visualisation and the container is set to 'Visitor'. However the path views for this page on the flow (5,667) differ to the value I have for the page when looking at the top visited pages on the same report. I've checked both the Visits (5,180), Unique Visitors (4,539) and page visits (6,414). My expectation is one of these metrics should match the path views.

Any help would be appreaciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Huntp,

To have Page Views in the freeform table match the Path Views in the Flow viz, click on the gear icon on the Flow viz and check Include repeat instances.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Huntp,

To have Page Views in the freeform table match the Path Views in the Flow viz, click on the gear icon on the Flow viz and check Include repeat instances.

Level 2
Thank you for your response Andrey. In that case, without this checkbox ticked what is that value referencing? Because it does not match 'Visits' but surely if we are not including repeats (meaning page views total) that would mean that one view = one visit.

Level 10
Not really. Do not confuse Visits and Path Views, they are completely different metrics. When the Repeats are not included, the Path like Page A > Page A > Page A (page reloads) returns 1 instead of 3.

Level 10
Do any of the answers below answer your initial question? If so, can you select one of them as the correct answer? If none of the answers already provided answer your question, can you provide additional information to better help the community solve your question?