Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Clickmap Overlay not Functioning

Level 2

Many (possibly all) of our users are currently experiencing issues using the Clickmap PlugIn. The overlay/heatmap no longer appears on the website when it loads. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin at least 3 times and I've had no luck -- What are some possible reasons for this occuring? We have the most up-to-date version of the plug-in (2.3.24) and also the latest version of Mozilla Firefox (Ver 24.0)

Please advise

- Anthony

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

The latest version of the Clickmap plugin is 2.3.26. If the version installed is different from this, try clearing your browser cache and download the plug-in again. As an alternative trick, you can change the sc.omniture.com or sc2.omniture.com to sitecatalyst.omniture.com or sitecatalyst2.omniture.com respectively on the download page for the visitor click map plug-in, and that should circumvent any caching issues you might see.

View solution in original post

35 Replies

Level 3

Product Manager for visitor click map, here. I can confirm there are bugs on more recent versions of the browsers due to security changes. While we are exploring various options to address the challenge here, it is unfortunately a difficult problem to solve due to all the moving parts and different groups involved in causing these display issues. Older versions of Firefox and Internet Explorer should still function with the latest version of visitor click map, but fixing browser compatibility is our #1 priority for the team.

Level 1

Has this issue been resolved? I have been experiencing the exact same problem since early October. I can no longer see the overlay/heatmap. Every other aspect of the click map plugin is working except the heat map. Is this still an outstanding bug?

Level 6

Anthony,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the ClickMap tool has never really worked.  On the rare occasions that it is functioning, it only shows you partial data based upon the browser type and how a web page is formed.  It is a dangerous tool to use and has bot been truly updated since version 9.x.  This is why there is no mention of it in my book.  If you are really interested in a visual representation of clicks on pages, I suggest you look at other add-on tools (i.e. CrazyEgg, ClickTale).  There has been rumors that Adobe is working on a new version of ClickMap that would work in more cases, but I haven't seen anything so far.  I would just have these expectations as you wait for this ticket to be resolved, because even its resolution will not provide you what you are most likely looking for...

Level 5

Hi

Are you still facing the issue.

Regards

Devinder

Level 2

Anthony,

I just attempted this on my instance of ClickMap and the problem is repeatable on my end, so it seems there is an issue with ClickMap. I will ask around internally here at Adobe and see if there is a known issue and will report back if I get any intel.

Tyler 

Level 3

The issue Adam is that we supposedly have one of the best analytics platforms in Adobe. Lord knows this isn't anywhere near a free tool. A heatmap seems like the most BASIC of requirements. I find it hard to believe they can't provide a best-in-class tool like ClickMap. I'm trying to hold out faith that they will release an update and my dreams will come true!

Level 3

EricHansenPM wrote...

Product Manager for visitor click map, here. I can confirm there are bugs on more recent versions of the browsers due to security changes. While we are exploring various options to address the challenge here, it is unfortunately a difficult problem to solve due to all the moving parts and different groups involved in causing these display issues. Older versions of Firefox and Internet Explorer should still function with the latest version of visitor click map, but fixing browser compatibility is our #1 priority for the team.

Just wondering if there is any update regarding fixing visitor click map function.

Thanks!

Level 2

Thank you Tyler -- hopefully we can resolve this sooner than later.

Level 1

I was also experiencing this issue. So I uninstalled Firefox and tried multiple previous versions of Firefox (v 21 [no luck], then v 18 [again, no luck], then v 3.6). I can confirm that the overlays--as well as Auto Flags for top values--do work in Firefox 3.6.28 using the latest version of Adobe's Visitor Click Map (v 2.3.24). Will stay tuned for the latest browser version compatibility update.

Level 1

EricHansenPM wrote...

What's the word on this? Seems it's still a problem.

Level 3

Hi Cunn Yong,

Here's the latest situation on this issue: We are currently working with Mozilla to discover a solution to the environmental issue in their later versions of Firefox, but no fix timeline has been established at this point. 

We are continuously working on this issue as my click map team's top priority.

Thank you,

Eric

Level 3

Hi David,

You are correct that we are still working on this issue. It remains our top priority for the visitor click map team. We are making progress on identifying a fix for this issue, but we do not expect a fix to be released until January at the earliest.

Thanks,

Eric

Level 2

Anthony,

I've confirmed that there is a known issue and our support teams have a case and are working on resolution. I am not in support, myself, so can't give a timeline for when it will be resolved. If you choose, you may consider opening a case of your own with Customer Care or your Account Manager so that the issue can receive more visibility. I will follow up if I learn anything new.

Level 1

Hi Tyler,

I did submit a Clientcare case but have not heard back from the team. Any other recommendations? Also, is it true that there's going to be a new version of Clickmap coming out soon? We've heard that's been in the works for awhile now.

Level 1

EricHansenPM wrote...

Hi David,

You are correct that we are still working on this issue. It remains our top priority for the visitor click map team. We are making progress on identifying a fix for this issue, but we do not expect a fix to be released until January at the earliest.

Thanks,

Eric

Hi Eric,

We've noticed that with IE 11, our teams cannot download and install Clickmap. It gives us an error. Have you noticed that as well?

Thanks,

Tam

Employee Advisor

Do you guys have any incident numbers I can take a look at? I'd be happy to report the status of the bug for you guys.

Level 3

Hi Tam,

Yes, we are also aware of this issue, but please feel free to file a ticket with ClientCare so we can appropriately document the customers affected and impacted by this issue for IE 11 users.

Thanks,

Eric

Level 1

Hello again Eric,

You mentioned in a previous post that a fix for the Clickmap overlay functionality (for browser compatibility / Mozilla FF) should be available by January at the earliest.

Any update as to when this might be available?

Thank you,

Kyle Reed

Level 3

I do have good news to report at this point. We have identified a fix for the problem and expect to release the update within the next few weeks, if not sooner.