Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

aVars vs Props report

Level 2

Hi Folks,

I would like to run something by you.

I have a metric "Comment"; which is present only on an article page. However when I run the Page Type report (eVar8) combine with the comment event I can also see the Homepage being included in the report, despite there is no the comment event on the homepage. I believe this has something to do with characteristics of eVars and Props. But the when I use the Props report I can't change a metric (only available metrics are instances, visits etc)

Qs:

If my assumption is correct (eVar assigns a value to the page type = home page because the user has stated on the homepage), am I actually seeing inflated numbers?

How do I run the report which would show me only those types relevant to the comment event?

Thanks guys,

Jakub

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Jakub,

Thanks for reaching to the community!

Assuming everything is right on the implementation side, I think it has something to do with your evar settings. 

Could you please share your evar allocation settings so I could debug the issue?

Regards,

TM

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Jakub,

Thanks for reaching to the community!

Assuming everything is right on the implementation side, I think it has something to do with your evar settings. 

Could you please share your evar allocation settings so I could debug the issue?

Regards,

TM