Expand my Community achievements bar.

Click count vs page views of referrer

Level 1

Page A and B have the same domain. Page A has only 1 link within the page, which the user will be directed to page B upon clicking that link. I was analysing these 2 counts:

(i) number of clicks on the link on page A: 6,000

(ii) page views of the referrer page url  A  that clickthroughs to page B: 12,000

(ii) is two times higher than (i). My questions are as follows:

a. What are the reasons for the differences in counts?

b. I understand that the higher referrer page views in (ii) could be due to users using bookmarked or typed out the url. Is there another way to verify this beside using the 'referrer type'?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 7

Number of clicks is nothing but the event you are capturing on that page on onclick.

Please check your event recording type. Accordingly the value will increase.

prads_0-1716304494809.png

Page views is a metric in Adobe Analytics that measures the number of times a webpage has been viewed or loaded. 

You can check by using entries as a metrics in referrer page URL report or validate by using entry page report.

Community Advisor

can you check and confirm if you click event beacons are not cancelled, when the page moves from page A to page B on onlick event.
Can you place the link delay to make sure the beacon is not cancelled.

VinayC_0-1716308618112.png

Level 2

There could be multiple reasons for the same:

1. Page view rule is fired twice. Hence whenever the page is loading it is taking double the count.
  2. There could be network binding error (NS Binding error) that click call is not getting triggered properly/ You can apply some delay in order to validate this.
  3. You can check the previous page of the Page B by ‘next and previous’ selection from panels if the traffic is coming from Page A CTA or any other source.

rohit_neema_0-1716371151907.png