Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

Currency Event is showing as zero in reports

Community Advisor

Hi Team ,

I have configured below event164  (add to wishlist )in admin section :

ambikaTewari_ATCI_0-1717754181428.png

I can see this event is firing also in the beacon :
ambikaTewari_ATCI_1-1717754565894.png

However in reports the data is still 0 :

ambikaTewari_ATCI_2-1717754592118.png

Can someone advise  how can I fix this ?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi @ambikaTewari_ATCI 

bunch of questions

• is this a custom tracking call? If so, have you added the event164 and event68 to linkTrackEvents?
  • you do not seem to set an actual value to the event? Not sure if this will internally default to a 0 in currency events

Maybe the examples on the documentation help

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/analytics/implementation/vars/page-vars/events/events-ove...

// Send $9.99 USD in event1 using the events variable. Make sure the event type for event1 is Currency in Report suite settings
s.currencyCode = "USD";
s.events = "event1=9.99";

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi @ambikaTewari_ATCI 

bunch of questions

• is this a custom tracking call? If so, have you added the event164 and event68 to linkTrackEvents?
  • you do not seem to set an actual value to the event? Not sure if this will internally default to a 0 in currency events

Maybe the examples on the documentation help

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/analytics/implementation/vars/page-vars/events/events-ove...

// Send $9.99 USD in event1 using the events variable. Make sure the event type for event1 is Currency in Report suite settings
s.currencyCode = "USD";
s.events = "event1=9.99";

Community Advisor

Yes, like @bjoern__koth said, both numeric and currency events you must pass a value to them so they know how to increment, otherwise 0 is assumed (you were absolutely correct about that Bjorn).

Since we can see the event in the beacon, this shouldn't need any additional tagging like linkTrackEvents (that is needed on action calls when you are setting the events manually, but not on page views). But everything looks good aside from missing a value passed to the event in this example.

Community Advisor

Thank you for the inputs @bjoern__koth @Jennifer_Dungan 
Yes I did pass the currency value in the event in the product string like this and now I can see report data : 

ambikaTewari_ATCI_0-1718084068654.png

As part of business requirement , we had to pass the product price in an eVar so did that also.

Thank you again..

Community Advisor

So glad that is now working for you (and yeah, I've done the whole pass as an event and as an eVar thing, no need to justify that.

Have you also considered passing the product price into the actual price, basically, this will multiply the price per product by the quantity (only on the actual purchase events) and that will get displayed as Revenue?

Community Advisor

Hi @Jennifer_Dungan the event164 is triggered to check the amount of product (actual product price *1) added to wishlist.

the quantity is always 1 since we either can add or remove from wishlist. So  we do not send actual cart price (total cart price) in this wishlist action.

Shall we pass the total cart price also in the same beacon that passes the event164 ?

Community Advisor

Ah, if this is a wishlist, then the price and quantity won't do anything... those only work when in conjunction with the actual purchase event. (You don't want to track revenue before you actually make that revenue).

I wasn't sure which type of call this was, thanks for clarifying that this is a wishlist. And it's similar behaviours where I have used custom eVars and events as well.

Level 7

@ambikaTewari_ATCI does that answer your question? Anything else we can help you with?