Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Workfront Governance

Level 5
Hi All, I've re-read some posts regarding enterprise wide implementations. Can anyone share their experiences with setting up an enterprise wide governance board? Any documentation? How did you decide what are global settings/configs vs. local options? Thanks in advance! tks Karen Karen Rutz Harvard Alumni Affairs and Development
3 Replies

Level 2
Good morning! We currently have six different business units/areas using Workfront for the last three years. We hold a Workfront Governance meeting every other week (monthly wasn't often enough and we don't have enough going on to do weekly right now). It hasn't always been perfect, but we have a flow going now. Some tips: *Assign someone as the Primary Admin (that's the person's name actually in the Customer Info tab within your instance). If they sit in one of the business units, be sure to tread carefully to not give the impression that one business unit is telling another what to do. Diplomacy is key. *Require (or strongly suggest, if "require" isn't within your power) all Admins take the Workfront Admin training - with the understanding that global settings can't be changed without Governance approval.*Create an request queue just for Workfront Admins so you can notify each other of issues, request assistance, etc. *Document your global settings and share accordingly. Things like Email Notifications, Automatic Reminders, etc. are global settings that will affect every user in the instance. These are the main things you need to discuss during your Governance meeting (i.e. requests to change any of the settings). *Help each other. Your assigned Workfront Support person is only one person. Try not to inundate him/her with the "easy" questions - ask each other first. Save the more complicated questions for Workfront Support (it challenges them too!) - and then share these things in the Governance meeting so everyone can learn. Leaning on each other is a little bit of a hardship at first for the more knowledgeable Admins, but it improves everyone's knowledge of the tool. I'm happy to chat more if you would like! Our little Governance group runs pretty smoothly. I think a big part of that is due to The respect we have for each other and the work that we do both within our Workfront Admin duties and otherwise. Heather Theriault MetLife

Level 1
Hi Heather - I'm working with a client to set up their Governance Committee, so after reading your post, I wanted to ask how you're getting on a year later? Do you all still meet every other week? What items do you go over in your meetings and what challenges have you encountered along the way? Alison Mathieu LeapPoint

Level 10
Hi Alison - Jumping in a little... we are now at 14 business units across several countries and have found we can't meet regularly for governance. So we switched things up a little bit. If someone wants a change, I will research what will be affected for everyone (pros and cons). I will then put it in an email to all of the Super Users at the various agencies asking them if any of them have any issues with the change. We then carry the conversation in the email thread or I'll schedule a call with that user and then sum up the conversation/concern in the email to others. It isn't the most ideal situation, but seems to work better for us then a bi-weekly call like we used to have. Hope that was helpful Anthony Imgrund FCB