Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Workfront Custom Form - Field

Level 2

Is it possible to replace a current field in a custom form with a new field without losing any of the past/ current information that lives in that field? I am wanting to replace a paragraph text field with the text field with formatting field.

3 Replies

Community Advisor

this isn't possible with native workfront functionality, but you might ping @Doug_Den_Hoed__AtAppStore as his excel updater might help.

https://store.atappstore.com/product/excel-updater/

Community Advisor

beccashinnick,  you could create a section break at the bottom of your form setting the permissions to admin only and move the old fields there.  It will allow old reports to show that data and keep the fields hidden on the form from anyone other than admins.  You can then create your new field on the form and off you go.

Community Advisor

To add to @Kurt_Jones here - if you want to get rid of the old field:

1. Create a new report with a column for the current/old field and a column with the new field. Of course new field column will show blank. Decide how far back you need to keep this data and you could just filter in the date range in the report.
2. Transfer the existing info for each from old column to new column. Yes this is manual but depending how many tasks/projects you have (whatever the object is), coupled with how far back you want to go, it’s not that bad.

3. When all info is transferred that you want, you can safely remove the old field.

I did this when I went from a text field to a dropdown field and really didn’t want the old field lingering around in field sections even if only visible to admins.

@beccashinnick 

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )