Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

How to Integrate AEM Fields with Workfront Fields

Level 3

Hi, 

We are in the middle of integrating Workfront with AEM so that the completed assets will be uploaded into AEM. Along with the assets, we also want to map the fields / meta data that we have on document levels to AEM fields. 

What we are noticing is that the value of the fields in Workfront will be different than what we have in AEM. Is there a way to map the field values between the two platform instead of just mapping on the field levels instead?

There should be translations of values from the two platform and I am wondering how can we do that?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

How are you integrating Workfront with AEM? Are you using the native integration (details here). Using the native integration you can map custom or native fields from Workfront to AEM metadata fields. These are however a 121 relationship, in that whatever values are recorded in Workfront will be carried over to the relevant mapped AEM metadata field.

If you are needing to do some sort of transformation to the data values, so that the value entered in Workfront is converted into a different value before it is written to AEM, the native integration won't do this. Instead you will need to build a custom integration that will ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) the data from Workfront into AEM. If you have Fusion, you could use this. Alternatively, you'll need to speak to your AEM developers to work out how best to build this integration. 

Best Regards,

Rich.

Level 3

Hi @Richard_Le_ 

Thank you for your reply. I am sorry I missed this. We are integrating with AEM using native integration and we actually found out that we can match the stored values in both AEM and WF to match the field values.