Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

What is going on with Workfront???

Level 4

Is it just me or is Workfront extra whack lately? I'm submitting support tickets CONSTANTLY ...

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

83 Replies

Level 9

Proof is a sore point for us. We were not able to utilize any of the proof tool due to the lack of security within it's process. So much so, that we disabled it for our users. Super frustrating since our original contractual licenses had proof as an added cost option. Now, we can't opt to not have it but we still pay the same price. Proofing was a nightmare. Nice idea, poor execution.

Level 10

What part of Proof security, exactly? Just curious what you discovered.

It was two-fold.

One was SSO - the ProofHQ and WF Proof were two different platforms. So our SSO setup was part of the WF instance but Proof HQ did not 'talk' to this SSO setup. Therefore, sharing proofs among people internally was a nightmare - we had to turn off their SSO, provide both an non-SSO password for WF and a non-SSO pw for Proof and hope that they were using the right one.

However, more importantly from the security perspective - we could not limit proof sharing. Here is an example.

1. Agency Member shares proof with Stakeholder Sally, the decision maker.
  2. Stakeholder Sally forwards the proof email to Stakeholder John, Stakeholder Matt, and Stakeholder Becky as she wants their feedback as SMEs.
  3. When either John, Matt, or Becky access the proof it appears as if they are Stakeholder Sally. So, their comments? Shown as written by Stakeholder Sally. Their decisions? Stakeholder Sally is shown as approving.

There was no way to disable that embedded 'act as' for our stakeholders. There was no barrier to say "If this email is being forwarded to me, and I am not Sally, I need to logout and login as myself".

From a compliance perspective, it was unacceptable. From a security perspective, we could not stop anyone from 'forwarding' the proof - we could address it as a behavior but we could not formally prevent it.

That is why we do not use Proof.

Level 10

We had the same issues. Worse was planners forwarding their link, thinking it was a magic master link. Eek! In our case though, we needed a proofing system and just dealt with it through alot of training. But yah, not ideal if you're in a highly-regulated environment.

FWIW: SSO now works with Proof (or so I was lead to believe), though we have not implemented yet (the Adobe "SSO-to-their-dashboard" thing stopped that project in it's tracks, plus other urgencies). Supposedly the SSO to Proof allows proper use of the "require login" option. In theory, problem solved.

Again, we haven't tried it…but in case you didn't know, you might want to look into it.

Level 2

Any one else getting pop-ups about the retirement of the Classic instance... after having fully transitioned to NWE??

We moved to NWE last year and shut down our Classic instance MONTHS ago, and now ALL of our users are getting pop-ups inside Proof about moving to the new experience.

A) This type of messaging should NEVER be sent to end users

B) We shut off our Classic site months ago, so what is the benefit of sending this type of messaging to anyone in our instance?!

C) This pop-up is blocking our users from working, because there is no way to clear the pop-up! Clicking either button does not make it go away.

I have a ticket into Support, but this is a mess.

0694X00000JviN3QAJ.jpg

Level 10

Same, just started happening and is blocking users from Workfront Proof.

Same…we transitioned months ago AND even had Classic disabled in our instance at the time…there was NO reason to have this going on in our instance.

Level 4

Hi Kelli -

YES!!!!!

I was just logging a ticket. We transitioned last year. Same scenario that you are describing. About to email my users to ignore that pop up.

Linda

Community Advisor

We sure are (my team hasn't used Classic in a couple years, and all users were migrated to NWE last March) - called support and they knew what I was going to say before I could speak. They said they're getting a slew of support tickets and trying to get it resolved asap.

Level 5

Same, I just logged a high level ticket to for one of my users. They can't even click okay to get it to disappear.

Level 5

Yes. I'm getting reports from some of my people they are getting a popup box when accessing proofs. The message apparently either isn't going away after selecting OK or comes up each time they access a proof regardless of clicking the OK. See below/attached. At least one user was not able to Make Decision on a proof though I was able to when logged in as that user.0694X00000Jviu7QAB.png

We have also be fully transitioned for months (on Workfront side). We have not done anything on the Proof side when it comes to the New Experience - is there action we need to take on that side of the system?

Level 2

While it appears that it may be resolved, it would be nice (and more helpful) if these types of wide-spread issues were captured on the Adobe Status site.

@Jonathan Chen‚ how can we get more visibility to these types of issues that impact dozens of companies at once? The Community is great, but this type of impact should be made available proactively from Adobe.

Thank you to everyone who responded - glad to know we weren't alone on this one.... 😊

Administrator

Hey @Kelli Mortimer‚

Thanks for reaching out about this. Though it looks like the pop-up behavior has been fixed, I understand the frustrations if you've wrongly received this notice.

Support and Community are actually the best places to raise these issues. The more Support tickets our internal teams receive about an issue, the more quickly they are able to triage and assign resources for a fix. Similarly, I try to respond to all issues mentioned on the Community (tagging me like this does help!), and will escalate to our leadership teams if it's an urgent or heavily discussed issue like this one.

Community Advisor

I just submitted a ticket for the same issue. It was flagged to one of my planners late yesterday

Community Advisor

FYI I was informed by Adobe that this has been fixed and if any users are still getting this message they should clear their cache and cookies

Level 2

Our team received the same complaints from our end user base, and we've NEVER used Workfront Classic at all. Super frustrating!

Level 1

On hold with support now for this same problem. We also transitioned to New Experience over a year ago this message should not have gone out to our users at all.

They cannot ignore the pop up there is no way to get to a proof because of the pop up FYI

Level 10

C'mon guys, are you really surprised?

FYI, They already know about and I'm sure are scrambling.

Level 2

Yeah, I was able to get into a proof without the problematic pop-up.

Level 9

Oy......here we go again with pop-ups for our non-admins and request/review licenses users.

I know this has been brought up multiple times and yet it's still happening. What is going on? 

Christina_Jarosz_0-1659705696475.png