Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

What can be reported on Baselines?

Level 2
Hey, does anyone know what information can be reported on Baselines? When I am in the Baseline tab I appear to be able to make almost any data display on the table, but I have noticed that not all of it actually shows a depiction of what it was on that date. For some of the information it will just show the current data point on all baselines. Thanks, Ian
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 10
What object type are you reporting on? I know for a project, task, or issue report, you can only get the information on the default baseline and not all baselines. If you use a baseline report, you do see the different baselines (set a filter or use a prompt for Project ID). I have attached a screenshot of the fields from the API explorer so you can see what options you have. You do not get a screenshot though of who was assigned the task at the time of the baseline. I get that request all the time and unfortunately cannot help them out. To see the "official list", you can go to the API explorer and look at the

Level 2
So I haven't really got into using API's or anything yet. We are still a little new to Workfront and I am implementing it without a vast technical background. I customized my view on the "Baselines" tab so that I could see "Project: Pllanned Expense Cost" and "Project: Actual Expense Cost". The values display as I hoped but everytime I update the expenses these values get updated on all of the baselines. So things like "Project Start" and "% Completion" appear to be frozen for each baseline, but other things aren't. Any thoughts on finding this list of what you can use? Ian

Level 4
We have a baseline report that reports off of the end date of the project. This way we can easily look at what the current end date of the project is and when the baseline end date was. In our report, it will flag the project if the current end date and baseline end date are different and then we can contact that project manager to have them put in a schedule change request. After the approved change requests, a new baseline is created and made the default so that next time we run the report, the current end date is matched against that baseline end date.

Level 10
Hi Ian, Unfortunately Expense Costs (both Planned and Actual) are not captured on a baseline. It only has total costs of the project at the time the baseline was saved. Sorry.

Level 10
did we log that as a feature request Anthony? if not, let's do it!