Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Reporting:Grouping: Any way to rename "No Value"?

Level 5
I am trying to some dashboard reporting and have run into internal concerns around "No Value". Is there an easy way to subsitite something else for that label? Also, would this hold in the graph section? This has been a big annoyance on the reporting limitations -- hoping there's a solution. thanks.
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

12 Replies

Level 4
This is because you dont have a project owner assigned. That is when it shows "no value" as the name of the owener. This will be reflected in the reporting as well. My only work around has been to assign a project owner even if you have to create a "fake" person.

Level 5
that's one scenario. it actually happens when any grouped data item is null. The report in question currently is an hours report grouped by work type (custom data element on our projects) and doesnt exist then in any time recorded against General Hours items on the time sheet. No value on the hours pie chart is just bad form -- it is not that the hours have no value, just that the hours are "Non-Specified".

Level 3
Marty- I have the same issue on the same type of report. We have a custom field for hour types but anything logged against General Hours comes up as "No Value", which the managers dispise. I would be interested as well to see if there is a solution for this

Level 1
I have the same issue. Would really love if they gave us the ability to name it something different.

Level 10
Hmmm... I was thinking of using an IF statement in the groupings. Something like valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK({owner:name}),"Non-Specified",{owner:name}) but that didn't work. However, I'm not the best at valueexpressions so maybe someone else out here is and can fix my mistake. The one thing to caution: If you have a custom grouping, you cannot do a chart or graph. I have a few reports that I would love to have as a chart but can't as I have custom groupings. Just something to keep in mind.

Level 5
Thanks Anthony - yep. Tried the valueexpressions there. Easy to do in plain ol' SQL, but not so much in the reporting interface. Sounds like another feature request around the null replacement. Especially in graphing, as not many people like to see "NO VALUE". Appreciate all the comments. Those going to LEAP, see you in a couple of weeks. Anyone up for a beverage at Jock Linday's Hangar Bar?

Level 2
We solved this by creating a report for Project Hours and another for General Hours, exporting to Excel, then running a macro to get the combined output. It would be REALLY nice to have a way to do custom joins like this inside the tool.

Level 3
Anthony: I think you are on the right track with the if statement ...But it looks like there's an issue with your code. The objects should be separated in their own curly bracket and the colon should be replaced with a period - {owner}.{name} Try that switch and see if that fixes the issue. In Reply to Anthony Imgrund:
Hmmm... I was thinking of using an IF statement in the groupings. Something like valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK({owner:name}),"Non-Specified",{owner:name}) but that didn't work. However, I'm not the best at valueexpressions so maybe someone else out here is and can fix my mistake. The one thing to caution: If you have a custom grouping, you cannot do a chart or graph. I have a few reports that I would love to have as a chart but can't as I have custom groupings. Just something to keep in mind.

Level 10
Thank you, Becka! So I got it to work on a project report (we don't put time in Workfront so I don't have hours in an hour report). group.0.displayname=Owner group.0.linkedname=owner group.0.namekey=view.relatedcolumn group.0.namekeyargkey.0=owner group.0.namekeyargkey.1=name group.0.valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK({owner}.{name}),"Non-Specified",{owner}.{name}) group.0.valueformat=string textmode=true Again though, remember that if you have a custom grouping, you can't do charts, matrix grouping, or see the info on Summary. You will just get No Value.

Level 1
Any chance you could share the macro that combines the info with me? Brian

Level 2
Brian - I am at LEAP this week, but will be happy to share the macro once I get back to the office next week. Greg On Apr 28, 2016, at 9:09 AM, Brian Fetterhoff > wrote: Any chance you could share the macro that combines the info with me? Brian -----End Original Message----- This message contains proprietary information from Equifax which may be confidential. If you are not an intended recipient, please refrain from any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this information and note that such actions are prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify by e-mail postmaster@equifax.com. Equifax® is a registered trademark of Equifax Inc. All rights reserved.