Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

How do you record meeting minutes related to a project within Workfront?

Level 4
How do you record meeting minutes related to a project within Workfront? The logical place seems to be the "Updates" field, but since our leaders look there for a brief update on the project status, twenty lines about detailed technical discussions are not always welcome. Currently we have compromised with an Issue Type called "Meeting Minutes" and a custome form attached to collect the text of the minutes. How are you recording your meetings?
5 Replies

Level 7
We have, at times, used the "Update" process as well. But others we've just attached a Word doc of the minutes. Doing that allows us to also add to it or edit it, etc. Once you enter text into an update, there's no editing what was written. I wish Workfront had a "Wiki page" option for several reasons, and this would be one of them - to add notes.

Level 10

0690z000007ZgnvAAC.pngThere are some different ways my different agencies have done things:

1 - Attached the meeting minutes as a document. Then the uploader sends the document to everyon from the meeting to approve the document to make sure nothing is missed. Especially before sharing it up to executives.

2 - Added a field to the agency's project custom form called Meeting Minutes and selected the option for it to appear in the updates field. That way it was easy for you to reference the notes in the project custom form instead of hunting through the updates, but you could still see when things changed, what the old minutes were, and people could comment on the minutes in case something was wrong or forgotten. [WARNING: you only get 1,999 characters on a paragrpah field. That has caused some issues after some meetings]0690z000007ZkjJAAS.png

Level 4
Thanks Anthony, I like number 2 option... We ended up creating a "Meeting Notes" Issue, and attaching a custom form to it with a "Notes" field (and a 'Notes (continued)" field to overcome the 1999 character limit!). This works well for us, but I might try your solution to see if it's better....

Level 4
Thanks, Greg.... See my response to Anthony for our final solution ;)

Level 4
I like the idea of using the issues for the minutes because you can create the minutes for a meeting, and mark it complete and its always there but I too would be concerned with the character limit. I'm also concerned with the custom data for issues when we are using the issues already with custom data and then adding in additional fields for minutes might get too confusing. Right now we are uploading docs of our minutes and might need to just continue using that. I've also been brainstorming how to capture lessons learned on a project and the issues might be a solution for that, or maybe just add in another custom field since it won't need to change once finished, but again the character limit might be an issue. I'll have to play with it. Thanks for the insight!