Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

Updating an existing project with a template?

Level 2
Hello, I'm trying to figure out how to use the API to apply a project template to an already created project (which does not have a template). I've attempted the obvious by "PUT"ting the "templateID":"b0962a3ce35111e3a395080027c798db" in the payload. While the project data is updated with this value, the actual process of applying the template to the project is not performed. I'm able to apply a template just fine on the creation process in a like manner, but not on an already established project. Is there an action verb or something I need to add to make it perform the actual template application process? SIDE NOTE: The API basics information has an example of exactly one action: Using the Action Request Parameter Some objects support additional actions that can be performed in addition to simple edits. You can specify these actions using the action request parameter. For example, the following request recalculates the timeline for a given project: PUT /attask/api/v9.0/project/4c7...?action=calculateTimeline or PUT /attask/api/v9.0/project/4c7.../calculateTimeline I suspect my answer lies in this functionality, but where would a definitive list of such actions be found? thanks in advance for any pointers on this. Karl Karl Krasnowsky LanguageLine Solutions
3 Replies

Level 10
According to the API Explorer, attach template is an action Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 1

Hi @AnthonyIm , I'm having problems with the Attach Template action, but I'm trying it via API call, it's kind differente from the original situation here, but similar in a way. Do you know something about the APIs from Workfront? Sorry for the quite hard question, but it's really a wall for me. 

Level 2
Thanks Anthony. Yep, I hadn't been aware of the action interface until this need came up. After I was directed to this I have been fully indoctrinated into the action usage model. Karl Krasnowsky Lingo Systems