Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!
SOLVED

Updates I'm Tagged In (Directly or via Team)

Community Advisor

Hi, how can I pull a Note report for any update I'm tagged in the past X days, whether tagged directly OR a team (Home or Other Team) that I'm on was tagged? I'm getting stuck on the text mode but I knot it's possible! I don't want just $$USER.ID but also $$USER.homeTeamID, $$USER.otherTeamsID. 

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Here's the report Doug and I worked out. I think it does everything you were looking for.

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/workfront-questions/atappdemo-tags-report/m-p/62531...

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 10

I think if you just use "$$USER.teamIDs" that should include home and other teams.

Screenshot 2023-10-06 at 2.31.20 pm.jpg

Community Advisor

Ok thanks. But I'm struggling with what the text mode needs to be in filters to grab updates [I'm] tagged in OR updates a team I'm in is tagged from past 5 days, for example (days may change).

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 10

I'm having the same problem. I'm perusing the API trying to find all the fields involved.

Level 10

Doug and I noodled through it and figured the whole thing out. Stay tuned and we'll send ya everything you need.

Community Advisor

I think this post is still the gold standard for this type of reporting and we (all) owe a lot to Melinda Layten and Anna Khachatryan for helping us understand the reporting around notes a lot more.

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/workfront-questions/report-on-tagged-updates/m-p/48...

For what you are looking for (everything you're tagged in), you first need to understand that tags are a collection.

Therefore for filters alone, you're looking at either a collections filter (see Anna's answer) or an exists filter (see Melinda's answer)

For simple collections filtering that bluntly answers the question exactly as you put it above, you're looking at Anna's solution:

tags:userID=$$USER.ID
tags:userID_Mod=in

or to include teams, you would also modify the original and add: 

OR:1:tags:teamID=$$USER.teamIDs
OR:1:tags:teamID_Mod=in

In the previous post I linked to, however, Melinda mentions going deeper -- specifically seeing the entire thread. Here, you would want to use an exists statement -- specifically "there exists a tag where the tag's note thread ID is the same as your note's thread ID" -- so think about starting your statement out with:

EXISTS:a:$$OBJCODE=NTAG 
EXISTS:a:note:threadID=FIELD:threadID 

Then after this point, add your filters from above (you can go back to the previous post to see her initial statement and probably easily guess how the second filter would go). You have two filters, so you would use two exists statements.

Melinda also generously shared ways to group the thread... but for that I'll just direct you back to the original post.

Level 10

Thanks Skye, this is inline with what Doug an I worked out on Friday.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Here's the report Doug and I worked out. I think it does everything you were looking for.

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/workfront-questions/atappdemo-tags-report/m-p/62531...