Expand my Community achievements bar.

Can I use logic to display a field only if any option is selected in several previous fields?

Level 1

Hello fellows! I have an intake form where I divided the type of deliverables in several fields, I can't make them all mandatory because sometimes they might not apply, but sometimes requestors are not selecting anything. That's why I wanted to add an "Other" field, but with the logic that it only displays when all the other fields are empty. The only way I'm trying to do it is adding one by one the values on each field as a rule but after 6 is starting to break... do someone has any advice or solution for this problem? Thanks! 

(attached is an image of the fields)

Fields-form.png

1 Reply

Level 9

The shortest solution would be to add one more field: Deliverable Types Needed that's required and have your 6 options in that selection menu. Then hide/unhide your fields in the screenshot based on what the user said was needed. Required field logic would function more smoothly then as well. That will also enable some simpler reporting down the road when someone wants a dashboard counting metrics on 'how many projects involve more than one type of deliverable' etc.