Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Import Data (Kick Start) Query - Column header for 'Talk to me about'

Level 1

Hello!

A member of our team would like to know whether it is feasible to bulk import text for the ' Talk to me about' section on a user profile. Is anyone kindly able to advise on which column it is on the upload file?

What also would be very useful is if there was a definition file for each of the column headers (i.e. setRoleIDs)

Many thanks in advance,

James from London

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Level 8

Hi James,

The column you want is 'setMyInfo'. 

The Kick-Start functionality is for the creation of new records only, it cannot modify data that's on already existing records. 

The best resources for learning the import templates are either the API Explorer, or by exporting the existing data and reviewing it to see what appears in each column. https://developer.adobe.com/workfront/api-explorer/

The only options for mass-updating existing records are by the use of a Fusion scenario, or I believe @Doug_Den_Hoed__AtAppStore has something up his sleeve that might help.

Level 1

Many thanks for the response! Much appreciated.

The reason for the request is that we are migrating from Float and we need a method of applying tags based on skills in Workfront, and the 'Talk to me' seemed like an appropriate approach to this. If anyone is reading this and has any alternative suggestions, we'd be more than grateful to hear them.

Thanks again

Community Advisor

We had 2 approaches to capture skills:

- via user's job roles 

- via custom field on a user profile (multi-select dropdown)

both are comparable

Level 1

Many thanks Rafal_Bainie!

Is it possible to import values on an existing user to either of those approaches without the use of fusion?

Community Advisor

I don't think so, since the same principle applies as previously noted by Katherine.

Depending on the user pool you're dealing with, you may simply ask users to populate pre-defined custom field with skills

Level 8

Funny enough, I was asked about trying to mirror something similar just the other day. 

With respect to the 'Talk to me about' field, you are correct that it's a giant open-text field you could put data like that in. I would caution that it's also user-editable, and it may not be obviously intuitive to them that the data loaded there is meant to be used differently. The other caution is that building later reporting on it may be very difficult versus something like a multi-select drop-down menu that controls the options people can pick and standardizes spelling on them.

If/when I move forward with my variant, I'll add field(s) to a Custom Form that's attached to every user in my instance. It holds things like their unique IDs in other platforms for integration purposes but also custom attributes like this discussion. If I've got a small enough list of tag-able skills, it would likely just be one form element. If I really needed to create families of skillsets, I might make multiples, but again think about future reporting needs first.