Expand my Community achievements bar.

Displaying Task Descriptions in Summary Pane for Unassigned Tasks

Level 7

Is there a way to display task description for unassigned tasks in the summary pane? The tasks in the image below are overhead tasks, typically not assigned to specific users. Instead, we ask users to pin the tasks and input hours. However, for our 1000+ users, this is creating frustration as they are required to open each task to view its description.

_Manish_Singh_1-1696567832273.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Unfortunately, the summary pane for tasks not assigned to you are un-editable. I guess someone at Adobe thinks everyone wants to see those fields that are the default and no one would ever want to see anything else. I've raised problem this with Product Managers several times.

Community Advisor

Unfortunately it's not possible, BUT since these are overhead tasks/assigned to many users as you said, could you work around that by simply putting a short description in the task NAME? Since these seem to always live as pinned tasks in timesheets, and there is a lot of real estate still with the task name column, I'd leverage this to add in a brief description or at least the task name a little more descriptive for users to know which to add hours to that way. Just a thought!

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )