Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Two tasks with dates on the same line in a report

Level 5

Hello!  I am trying to create a report and having an issue on how to acheive it.

I am needing to have two tasks with their due dates on the same line so I can easily pull a comparision report.

So the columns would be:

Project Name, Project Owner, Task Name 1, Due Date of Task Name 1, Task Name 2, Due Date of Task Name 2, Cacluation of due date differences

Thanks,

Brandi

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Have you considered sharing columns? You can share columns to show multiple pieces of data in 1 column...https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/reporting/reports/custom-view-samples/view-m...

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 3

I've used an expression like this with a collection column to Isolate a particular task from a list

valueexpression=IF(CONTAINS('First Word',{name})=true,IF(CONTAINS('Second Word',{name})=true,IF(CONTAINS('Third Word',{name})=true,CONCAT("Condensed Task Name - ",{plannedCompletionDate})," ")," ")," ")

There are some limitations. For each contains statement, you can only use one capitol sensitive word per statement. Also I had issues trying to nest more than 3-4 if statements. You would need to use this statement for each column. I don't think you would be able to create a calculation for the due date difference using this code. This would only solve your Task Name 1, Task Name 2 column problem

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Have you considered sharing columns? You can share columns to show multiple pieces of data in 1 column...https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/reporting/reports/custom-view-samples/view-m...

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )