Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Best Practices on task assigning for a team in India

Level 2

Looking to see if anyone has any tips or best practices on assigning tasks here in the US to a team member in India. Do I just need to make the task due date on my end show as a day before the actual due date for it to show correctly on the user's task schedule in India? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi there, we have an international team too and I've explored having different Schedules in setup and such but don't think it's necessary for our use. The thing to be sure of is your users' timezone field selected in their profile. I believe users will see task times/dates based on their timezone associated in their profile.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi there, we have an international team too and I've explored having different Schedules in setup and such but don't think it's necessary for our use. The thing to be sure of is your users' timezone field selected in their profile. I believe users will see task times/dates based on their timezone associated in their profile.

Level 2

Hey, thank you for replying! We do have their timezone set up in their profile. I think the problem we run into is that if a user in India is setting up projects that are for the US, when they see the due date for the project, they have to set the task due date to a day after the actual due date – so for example, I had someone in india set up a project that was supposed to show as due on 1/20, but on my end it showed as due on 1/19. On the other side of that, if I set up a task for someone in India, and I put it as due on 1/21, I think it shows as due on 1/22 for them. I almost wonder if we should make everyone's profiles have the same time zone? 

Community Advisor

Hi there, with using timezone and having a task due date show 1.20 for us, 1.21 for India for example, isn't that what you'd want instead of both showing 1.20 when we're a day apart? If you're wanting to see all dates the same regardless of timezone, then yes I suggest having everyone in the same timezone or just on the same Schedule in Setup. Key thing to keep in mind though is if you use Proofs/Decision Deadlines - those use a person's timezone too.