Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!
SOLVED

Text Mode for Conditional Formatting in a Column that is blank

Level 3

Does anyone have text mode that they would be willing to share for this scenario....

Please note: I did try the out of the box conditional formatting and currently my workaround has been to add the project owner name field as well, and I have it displaying text that reads "See Project Owner"

if...a custom field report column is blank.....then....replace with the out of the box project owner name field. (making sure it only does this when the field is blank and does not overwrite any data that does appear in the custom field. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

As Skye said, this wouldn't be possible via conditional formatting as this is just to change the way the field shows. I would use an if statement via text mode to display one or the other. 

IF(ISBLANK({name of your field}),TRUE VALUE,FALSE VALUE)

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

it's really difficult to say exactly, unless you can tell us what type of report this is? (Also, this isn't covered by the out of the box conditional formatting, since that is more about coloring the cells or bolding the text or making pretty colors and icons -- ie it's about the look of the cell rather than the content)

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

As Skye said, this wouldn't be possible via conditional formatting as this is just to change the way the field shows. I would use an if statement via text mode to display one or the other. 

IF(ISBLANK({name of your field}),TRUE VALUE,FALSE VALUE)