Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!
SOLVED

task name color

Level 1

is there a way to have task names with a particular word in the task name display in a different color? ex - studio in red, photo in green, media in blue. project being created from a template.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi @MichelleBo3,

Workfront's views allow for colorization using Conditional Formatting, so yes, it is possible to add rules to control the color depending on the presence of a particular word within Task Name (or even better, the Template Task Name, in case the PM changes the Task Name).

One approach I often use is to create a (nasty) calculated parameter that "figures out" what the hex code color for a particular Task should be, so that I can then cite it in the Conditional Formatting across many views, having centralized the tricky bit in that calculated parameter, which tend to change over time. It's a good practice to also have a default color (e.g. Red) to catch unexpected new data, too.

Regards,

Doug

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi @MichelleBo3,

Workfront's views allow for colorization using Conditional Formatting, so yes, it is possible to add rules to control the color depending on the presence of a particular word within Task Name (or even better, the Template Task Name, in case the PM changes the Task Name).

One approach I often use is to create a (nasty) calculated parameter that "figures out" what the hex code color for a particular Task should be, so that I can then cite it in the Conditional Formatting across many views, having centralized the tricky bit in that calculated parameter, which tend to change over time. It's a good practice to also have a default color (e.g. Red) to catch unexpected new data, too.

Regards,

Doug