Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Template Task ID in If Statement Value Expression

Community Advisor

Me again! I have a project report with a task collection column; however, I need to add an if statement so that I'm only showing tasks with a specific template task ID. I'm not the strongest at writing IF statements so I'm hoping someone can help me out, here's what I have:

valueexpression=IF({templateTaskID}=5dd5663500ff47591adfff99283675a2,CONCAT({parent}.{name},'-',{name},' - ',{plannedCompletionDate}))

Thanks again @skyehansen for your help on getting the parent name to display!!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi - Monique!!

So I did a test, you need both the quotes around the ID, but you also need the false part of your IF statement

displayname=Test for Monique
listdelimiter=<br>
listmethod=nested(tasks).lists
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression=IF({templateTaskID}="6090bfb100237396fd3dcbc4f8944395",CONCAT({parent}.{name},'-',{name},' - ',{plannedCompletionDate}),"")
valueformat=HTML

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

my off-the-couch reaction would be to wonder if putting quote marks around the GUID would help. (double quotes is what I usually use there)

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi - Monique!!

So I did a test, you need both the quotes around the ID, but you also need the false part of your IF statement

displayname=Test for Monique
listdelimiter=<br>
listmethod=nested(tasks).lists
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression=IF({templateTaskID}="6090bfb100237396fd3dcbc4f8944395",CONCAT({parent}.{name},'-',{name},' - ',{plannedCompletionDate}),"")
valueformat=HTML

Community Advisor

I appreciate you and @skyehansen SO MUCH!!! I tried so many combinations between using TTSK, adding dots, moving the curly brackets. Never once did "put the ID in quotes" come to mind.

Y'all are truly the best, I was losing my mind trying to think where I went wrong.

A million thank yous.

Hopefully, someone else can benefit from this one too!