Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Template Task ID in If Statement Value Expression

Community Advisor

Me again! I have a project report with a task collection column; however, I need to add an if statement so that I'm only showing tasks with a specific template task ID. I'm not the strongest at writing IF statements so I'm hoping someone can help me out, here's what I have:

valueexpression=IF({templateTaskID}=5dd5663500ff47591adfff99283675a2,CONCAT({parent}.{name},'-',{name},' - ',{plannedCompletionDate}))

Thanks again @skyehansen for your help on getting the parent name to display!!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi - Monique!!

So I did a test, you need both the quotes around the ID, but you also need the false part of your IF statement

displayname=Test for Monique
listdelimiter=<br>
listmethod=nested(tasks).lists
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression=IF({templateTaskID}="6090bfb100237396fd3dcbc4f8944395",CONCAT({parent}.{name},'-',{name},' - ',{plannedCompletionDate}),"")
valueformat=HTML

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

my off-the-couch reaction would be to wonder if putting quote marks around the GUID would help. (double quotes is what I usually use there)

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi - Monique!!

So I did a test, you need both the quotes around the ID, but you also need the false part of your IF statement

displayname=Test for Monique
listdelimiter=<br>
listmethod=nested(tasks).lists
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression=IF({templateTaskID}="6090bfb100237396fd3dcbc4f8944395",CONCAT({parent}.{name},'-',{name},' - ',{plannedCompletionDate}),"")
valueformat=HTML

Community Advisor

I appreciate you and @skyehansen SO MUCH!!! I tried so many combinations between using TTSK, adding dots, moving the curly brackets. Never once did "put the ID in quotes" come to mind.

Y'all are truly the best, I was losing my mind trying to think where I went wrong.

A million thank yous.

Hopefully, someone else can benefit from this one too!